“Great lunch menu”

Ranked #32 of 443 Restaurants in Bedford
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: There are few pleasures in life greater than good food, good friends and beautiful surroundings. The award-winning Pavilion at the Park Cafe in Bedford Park is about bringing these things together. The iconic building in the heart of the park has been lovingly restored to reflect a grand past and a bright future - and is the perfect setting to enjoy an excellent meal in great company. We firmly believe in un-fussy, wholehearted dishes made from scratch with the best, locally sourced ingredients. Come and visit soon. We'd love to see you at the park. We're open all day every day for breakfast, brunch and lunch, afternoon tea and cake and some evenings for private parties and Supper Clubs. Take a look at our website to see our menu, wine list and to find more about all the activities on offer.
Reviewed 6 February 2017

My hubby and I popped in for lunch and luckily took the only empty table. The menu of locally sourced food is great, particularly if you are into healthier options. I had a lovely bean chilli with rice, lemon mayo and a huge crispy tortilla. Hubby had a bacon, Brie and cranberry panini, all delicious.
The all day breakfast menu looked great too, may return soon for the smashed avocado on sourdough toast!

Emma G, Owner at Pavilion at the Park, Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review - we really appreciate it and welcome all feedback - good and bad - so we can continue to provide the best possible food and service. We hope you will visit again soon, why not try one of our evening Supper Clubs next? Best wishes, Emma and the team.

Reviewed 5 February 2017

Had a relaxed breakfast following a good early morning walk. The Pavilion staff were friendly and welcoming, plus both the pavilion breakfast and scrambled eggs/salmon on toast were both tasty & filling, washed down with a nice pot of tea.
The venue was clean and comfortable and is well located within Bedford Park, a great location.

1  Thank Alan G

Thanks Alan G - we really are blessed to work in such a stunning environment and we do our best to keep our customers happy too. We are delighted that you enjoyed your walk and your breakfast and we do appreciate the feedback. Many thanks indeed and we look forward to seeing you soon - perhaps you might try one of our evening Supper Clubs. All details are on our website.

Emma and the team

Reviewed 4 February 2017

excellent breakfast this morning celebrating my 150th parkrun, love the way this café works as part of the community

Thanks Jenny - we love Parkrun - its such a great initiative and we are delighted to offer all the energetic participants a little treat at the end of it all - very well deserved. Congratulations on the 150th!
Best wishes, Emma and the team.

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Went hear for a late breakfast with my partner - decided to order two ciabattas and a pot of tea. Came to £15, which was quite expensive but in my mind it would be worth it if it was nice. It came about 15 minutes later and what I had was very average, nothing notable about my ciabatta and my partner's was burnt and tasted reheated.
From the price I was expecting quite a nice tasting breakfast, and instead I would've been better eating at home or going to a cheap cafe in the town centre. I had high hopes for this place as it looks the part, and sounds the part but unfortunately doesn't deliver :(

2  Thank Kimjtwee
Reviewed 28 January 2017

We had lunch at the Pavilion in Bedford Park after a five mile ramble to Clapham, and we felt suitably rewarded at the end of our 2 hour trek. Sharon was so attentive we felt she really cared. The food was mouth-watering - I had smashed avocado and tomato on sourdough toast - mmmm! As a walking group we have tried out many lunch venues, and the Pavilion stood out as being one of the best organised, as well as having delicious food. Not only were we served very quickly, and welcomed with jugs of water on the tables without having to ask, but we didn't have the usual queue at the cash desk either. We'll be back!

2  Thank Treezer