“Fantastic Lebanese food”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 September 2017

The Yara Restaurant in Altrincham is absolutely superb, fast and friendly service and the food is always consistently good. I have been here at least x8 times over the past year since I've discovered it, and I have never left disappointed.

Amongst the starters, I highly recommend the babaghanouj and hummus dip. The falafel is also the best that I have tasted out of any restaurants I have been to in UK that specialises in Middle Eastern cuisine, with the outer layer being nice and crunchy and the inside layer being nice and creamy, and perfectly seasoned.

By far, my favourite is maklubeh, which I order every time. The aubergines and lamb and marinated rice are a fantastic combination, with everything being nice and tender and again, perfectly seasoned.

I am a huge fan of Middle Eastern cuisine, and I can say in good conscience that the Yara Restaurant is one of the best in Manchester, if not the UK. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Samuel J

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

I had never eaten Lebanese before and was pleasantly surprised
The restaurant always seems busy and is friendly
The restaurant is BYO so don't forget your beer and wine
I loved all the starters , mixing it up with different dishes
Price is good and good value for money
You will be stuffed when you leave !
Its has been in Altrincham for a number of years and id recommend

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

very good restaurant food very well cooked and presented. Great that you can take your own wine which saved a bit on your bill. We have just found out they
do takeaways which we had which was great the food was ready at the time we as yes it and ready to pick up. Great food as usual.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

The staff are very friendly and professional. Even the view of Sainsbury's car park could not detract from the internal decor.
A word of advice - As nice as the starters are, please leave room for the main dishes.

Being a large group of 13, we ordered mixed mezzes, which included a variety of starters including; babaghanouj, hummus and makmour and others with plenty of pitta bread. I would have been satisfied with just the starters.

The main dishes were as nice as the starters. The sausage (sujok) and the fish (sea bass) were perfectly cooked, like everything else that was brought to the table.

I cannot comment on the desserts as no one had room for them. But the extra bonus is that you can bring your own alcohol, which helps to reduce the total bill.

Be aware that the tables can only be booked for a period of time, which may not work for some diners. I can't fault this restaurant and can not wait to return.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

This is one of the most popular Restaurants in Altrincham. I probably notice it more because of the extractor fans that blow the amazing smells out of the kitchen into the Sainsbury's car park. Never disappointed with the food and the ability to take your own alcohol is a real bonus from a budgeting point of view. Timeless classic Lebanese and Syrian dishes are just mouth watering. Especially nice were the Lamb Chops and the sea bass. We always order a table full of food to share and whilst it looks like a mountain there is never any left, however if there is, just take it home.
Superb night, superb food. VERY busy, get in early as some were waiting to be seated.