All reviews world cup housing estate top floor executive room quiet area third floor business trip single bed an upgrade full english breakfast pleasant stay hatfield house weekend break short stay air conditioning reception staff hotel restaurant
Reviewed 23 May 2017

spent three days at this hotel Clean and pleasant ,comfortable room.
The staff were truly excellent from reception onward.
the food and service were second to none which made this a truly excellent experience.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Andrew B, Manager at Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

Thank you taking the time in responding on tripadvisor
and I am pleased that you found your room to be clean pleasant and comfortable.
I have passed your kind comments onto all the staff in the hotel that made your stay a pleasant one. I hope to be able to welcome back to the hotel again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the best western in welwyn for a one night stay.....in general Best Western have great hotels.

I have had a pleasant stay, however my only disappointment was the smell to the room!!! The smell has lingered all evening of deep fried food despite being on floor 3. Despite opening the window, this hasn't changed. Looking forward to hearing from you . Kind regards

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Andrew B, Manager at Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time in responding on tripadvisor
I'm sorry that you experienced a smell in your room which you thought was deep fried food, if only you would have let us know we would have address the problem immediately. Our housekeeping team have been with us a long time and are very fastidious when cleaning the rooms, we have a good name and reputation for a high standard of cleanliness which you will see from other contributors.
I am not sure which room on the 3rd floor you are referring to but we did not experience any smell when servicing our rooms. I'm pleased despite this you had a pleasant stay and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

OK, let's be honest, this type of hotel is very much geared towards business and "events". Nevertheless, needed family to stay-overnight in Welwyn whilst visiting sister en-route to Channel Tunnel.

So the hotel itself is very generic, having very little charm. That being said, the rooms were comfortable enough and all our booked requirements were met. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, especially when we had to complain that one of our booked rooms reeked of cigarettes (despite the hotel being non-smoking). There was no fuss, we just received the key to another room and that was sorted.

The bar is a bit sterile and the food a bit variable - my steak being a bit ugh, but the wife's roast lamb very good. There wasn't a lot of choice in the beer department, but the Guinness I settled on was very good indeed.

The buffet breakfast was quite OK, not a patch on something like a Van Der Valk here in Benelux, but certainly decent enough - several plates of bacon, eggs, sausages and beans set me up for the day.

So overall a pleasant experience, if you accept this type of hotel will rarely be "cosy".

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Andrew B, Manager at Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time in responding on tripadvisor.
I am glad that you found your accommodation comfy and all your booking requirements were met. As you rightly say the hotel has a non-smoking policy in the bedrooms and it was unfortunate that the guests before smoked in the room that you were allocated.
I am pleased that we were able to arrange an alternative room for you allowing us to fumigate the room that smelt of smoke.
Are 66 bar has a choice of beers lager, better and Guinness we have a wide range of food including daily specials on our specials board.
Breakfast is served with a large choice of hot and cold buffet and I am pleased that you enjoyed the egg sausage beans but set you up for the day before departing.
I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

nice hotel but like everywhere in welwyn garden city it's tricky to find, but that's the city not the hotel it's all round abouts and one way roads. Only problem I had was that I booked on their web site and it wouldn't confirm told me to phone the hotel, when I did the tariff quoted on the web site didn't exist, so instead of £76.10 for bed and breakfast they took £89 for room only.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Andrew B, Manager at Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time in responding on tripadvisor.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, I am not sure where you got your rates on the Internet but I'm glad that you contact the hotel so that we can offer you the best bed-and-breakfast rate for that day, I hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future,

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Pretty average hotel compared to many I've stayed in. Being set in a residential area was a bit of a surprise, but it was convenient for the office.

Beware if you have a room on the top floor, the lifts do not go that far! You have to walk up the last flight of stairs, so if you have limited mobility that could be a bit of a challenge. Not an issue for me, but an observation for others. Also the light on the stairs only comes on when you reach the bend in the stairs.

Generally comfortable, but the wardrobe door in my room fouled against the closing mechanism for the room door which made opening it fully was not possible.

The decor is a little dated and the place gives the impression of needing a general refresh.

Room Tip: Avoid the 4th floor if you have trouble with stairs
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Andrew B, Manager at Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time in responding on tripadvisor
I note that you stayed in one of our executive rooms which is situated on the 4th floor.
We do have other executive rooms which are situated on the lower floors and the ground floor for those that have mobility problems as you rightly say the lift only goes to the 3rd floor.
I'm glad that you found your accommodation clean and comfortable with regards to the mechanism to your wardrobe we will of course look into this situation. I would advise you that we have an ongoing programme of refurbishment throughout the hotel bedrooms ensuring the hotel is maintained to the highest of standards.
I hope to have the opportunity welcome you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future.