“Wow completely gone backwards ”

Blue Crush Bar & Diner
Ranked #71 of 368 Restaurants in Scarborough
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Bar
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Description: An Excellent Bar & Restaurant located within feet of the golden sands on the North Bay Beach with unbelievable views of the entire North Bay and Castle headland. This Venue has to be one of Scarborough's best known Dining and casual drinking venues. We have 130 interior seats spread over two floors, the upper floor has a balcony overlooking the lower floor and offers amazing views of the entire north bay. We also have 48 exterior seats for those extra special sunny days. The Restaurant front is fully glazed floor to ceiling to allow for great views, thus maximising your experience of relaxing with a drink or food whilst enjoying the views. Our menu is something you will do not normally experience in a Bar / Diner, we offer restaurant class food at affordable prices, you will not be disappointed. Our products are freshly prepared on a daily basis with our fish caught that very day and delivered to our doorstep straight from the boat. We also offer the venue to book for weddings, christenings, birthdays & funerals plus many more. We regularly feature live guitarists and pianists on our very own baby grand piano, see our website for all details If you are visiting Scarborough, do not miss out on BLUE CRUSH, see our website for all details of events, menus and wines. We look forward to welcoming you.
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Written a review on here before as I come here regularly....roughly every month to eat. Always has fluctuated in quality but this weekend found it horrendous, I will not be going back. Toilets stink, could smell them going upstairs, broken tap, faeces and water all over floor. Dining area clean, staff fine, but food was so poor, lacking in quality. Will not be returning. Needs a good refurbish, clean and some consistency with the food....we've had a great few months of food and now it's gone backwards big time.

2  Thank Johnjohnjo

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Someone in our party who had visited Scarborough before said he public loos cost 40p, so we figured if we had to pay for a pee, we might as well have a drink as well! The staff are friendly, helpful, and poured a very nice pint of Guinness. The toilets were very clean, but one of the loos in the ladies was obviously leaking as there was water all over the cubicle floor after I flushed.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Nice venue and position . We went from the cheap breakfast . It came out super quick and absolutely red hot . I may be wrong but think it was plated and blitzed in a microwave for it to have been so quick and so hot .

Very friendly serving staff but it did take a while to be served .

Reviewed 11 August 2017

We have visited this diner several times when on holiday. The food has always been to a high standard and very tasty. Staff have been really friendly and helpful. Welcoming of families which is good. And they have some great art work displayed on the stairwell up to next floor.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Came with my son for tea on a quiet, very rainy evening as we were staying at The Sands. I went to the bar and ordered a couple of steaks, producing my Sands key fob, expecting to get 10 per cent off the meal as promised in the literature on the table. However, I was told by a the waitress that this didn't include steaks. I payed just over £40.00 for two steaks and two pints of lager. The food arrived quite promptly and the same waitress, when putting the plates down, commented that our table had a wonky leg. I expected her to return to sort this out with a beer mat or something but had to do this ourselves by stuffing serviettes under the table leg. The steak, chips in a metal bucket, peppercorn sauce and onion rings arrived, could have used a bit of garnish or veg, to make it look more appealing but it tasted fine. We had eaten most of the chips before noticing the bottom of the chip bucket, which looked quite nasty and rusty and no grease proof paper had been supplied. This grim discovery totally spoiled the meal. When the waitress arrived to take the plates I commented on the state of the chip bucket but she seemed totally unperturbed saying 'I'll tell him', no apology was given. The customer service in this place leaves a lot to be desired, it is certainly going to have improve when the new restaurant is built round the corner and the Blue Crush gets some much needed competition. Paying upfront for a meal means you have no come back if the meal is unsatisfactory, not that I asked for any. I wished we had gone a few yards up the road to a nicer cafe, with better views and staff who actually care about their customers. Won't be returning.

1  Thank Taylorwig