“A good proper pub”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 June 2011

After reading reviews I decided to take my wife here for her birthday. I was not dissapointed. Excellent food and very friendly staff. A good proper pub.
It is located about 5 miles out of Scarboriough but well worth a visit.

1  Thank Stanleyhardbot

Reviewed 26 May 2011

The food was lovely both times I have been, well presented with a generous portion of veg. The second time I had gammon which was a lovely big piece and brilliantly cooked and very juicy. Service was very good and the pub looks out over beautiful countryside.

Reviewed 19 May 2011

I have to admit at this point that Brian is a friend (by virtue of being a long time customer) as well as an excellent host. Him and his father have been in the business a long time and it is through visiting over many years that i form the opinion i hold.

The food is spot on, the whole place is clean and loved and if you regret going i will eat my hat!

1  Thank The-Real-Wigbert
Reviewed 22 April 2011

Bryherstones Country Inn is a really nice place. There were 4 of us in our party and we were all impressed as soon as we walked through the door. The place is very clean and the furnishings and decor are to a very high standard. The management and staff were all very welcoming and the food and service were excellent. We all ordered a different choice from the menu and we all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. We all definitely recommend Bryherstones and look forward to another visit soon.

1  Thank Melrose_Whitby
Reviewed 26 February 2011

We went to the recently refurbished Bryherstones for a family lunch and will definitely be back. The landlord, Paul, made us thoroughly welcome and was happy to chat while we ordered drinks and checked out the menu, which includes pub classics like steak, fish and chip and gammon. It's a long time since I've seen a gammon steak as thick as the one my husband enjoyed, and the steak was melt-in-the-mouth fantastic. My Mum and Dad-in-law had the steak pie and the chicken and recommended them both, which gives us the perfect excuse to make a return visit.

All the food is home cooked to order and portions are generous to say the least, so make sure you take your appetite with you.

The Bryherstones offers a good range of wines and real ales, is warm and comfortable, and the prices are reasonable too - so if you're looking for somewhere good to eat in the Scarborough area, do yourself a favour and call in soon. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Allid64