“Value for money and a nice enviornment!”
Review of Le Cafe Jardin

Le Cafe Jardin
Ranked #77 of 387 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Post code YO11 2ED Phone Number 01723 354572
Reviewed 27 January 2017

I went here for dinner with my Father, who is local to Scarborough. It was my suggestion, and turned out to be a good one. We both got Quiche and Jacket Potato with Salad. We had drinks to start with, he had a Coffee, and I had an Iced tea, which came in a Jar, but was awesome, reminded me of my time having the same drink in America. My father got the Quiche with goats cheese, I got the one with ham and cheese. I was stunned when they arrived. They were both massive meals, for 6.99 each, you aren't getting cordon bleau or having corners cut, like a lot of places do these days. The salad was nice in a marinated light sauce, the Jacket Potato was huge, and nice with accompanying butter choice, and the Quiche tasted okay. So much to choose from the menu, I don't know if it's traditional French, but it gives plenty of choice, the kind of meals you would find in a good Pub. The décor was great, with all the French pictures on the walls. The staff were friendly and dressed smart.

2  Thank Ryedale M

Reviewed 25 January 2017

From the Gluten free menu to the delicious burgers there is something for everyone at Le cafe Jardin. The service is fantastic The food delicious!

2  Thank SJB448
Reviewed 8 January 2017

Great gluten free menu, helpful staff. Recommend for breakfast or lunch. Food was delivered quickly. Lovely clean and warm toilets.

2  Thank Photuwalla
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Called in here between Christmas & New Year for a hot drink and a bite to eat. The cafe was busy but there were plenty of staff so service was good. The menu had a good selection of gluten free options, on a separate sheet, ranging from lunches to coffee and cake. Prices were good. There were a few families with pushchairs which made getting around some of the tables a little difficult. The toilets were located upstairs and were clean and tidy.

My only negative would be that, despite ordering gluten-free food from the separate menu, I was still served with a biscuit on my coffee saucer. It was wrapped, so no contamination.

Will certainly visit again.

2  Thank 4li50n
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

We stumbled across this very pleasant cafe among a sea of cafes. After all, this is a tourist sort of town.
It turned out to be a great choice with an interesting and extensive menu, attentive and pleasant staff, and a fantastic (and in my experience unequaled) range of gluten free options. We all really enjoyed lunch and will definitely use this place again.
For those interested in the practicalities, the cafe is spacious and clean and the toilets are very nice.

2  Thank Dave E