Wrea Head Hall(Scarborough)
US$138
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$180/night.

Ambassador Hotel(Scarborough)
US$63
US$61
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$74/night.

Amrock Guest House(Scarborough)(Great Value!)
US$64
Hotels.com
Ainsley Court Guest House(Scarborough)(Great Value!)
US$53
The Albemarle Hotel(Scarborough)
US$74
Orbitz.com
  • Bar/Lounge
No. 17 West Street(Scarborough)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
Almar(Scarborough)(Great Value!)
All reviewsten minute walkbreakfast was excellenttop floorsingle roomcooked freshtown centrespent two nightswould definitely stay here againwithin walking distanceparking permitthe cliffroom was cleanon arrivalb and bfree wifiexcellent stayfamily room
Reviewed 28 October 2016

Sylvern House turned out to be a perfect booking for us. We brought our two dogs with us and they were welcomed in the hotel. North Bay is only fifty yards away albeit with an ensuing walk down to the beach. For four days we were able to enjoy the freedom of the beach resorts and the half term crowds. Sylvern House is an excellent place to stay. Clean and spacious rooms excellent food tailored to our needs and although there is no car park to the hotel we never failed to get a parking space adjacent to the hotel for which we were issued with a free zonal parking permit by the hotel. We will definitely return to botht the hotel and the area.

Room Tip: Rooms can be tailored to suit couples or families. You only need to specify your requirements.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Thanks to Richard and Vicki for putting up with us lot this weekend. Nothing too much trouble, fab rooms, fab breakfast,fab company and those beds...... so comfy. Will definitely be back if they will have us.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2016

Any positives for me were cancelled out by a stark negative ,that being unnecessary moodiness. The term "nothing too much trouble" is incorrect. After being shown to our room we asked Richard for something for us to place our dogs water bowl on to place on the carpet like a bit of old newspaper or bowl tray. However the response to this request was an unwillingness to assist and a disinterested look .On departing I noticed there was a "Contact less" paying card machine .When I inquired to settle our remaining bill by part guaranteed "contact less" and part credit card his hospitality then turned instantly moody and intimidating by demanding it in one payment. I accepted this yet the reaction alone I found quite disgusting .Note: I've previously found these sorts of requests are easily catered for by other guest houses and so are fair to ask without the negative reaction. This really spoiled our visit and so shall not be returning.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank googleuser2016
Reviewed 24 September 2016

Hi stayed for four nights 19th to 23rd Sept 2016 on arrival was meet by Richard who showed me to my room I was in a single room on top floor, the room was large for a single and spotless. Richard was very friendly and gave me a menu to fill out for b/fast just tick what you need and live it on table down stairs. After a good nights sleep went down for b/fast and Richard served my a full b/fast that was great hot and plenty of it and just as I had ordered The whole four days were the same plus my room was spotless every day with all little extras on top of tea coffee biscuits fresh bottle of water This was one of the best b&b I have stayed in, So if you need a very good b&b stay at Richards Sylvern House.

Room Tip: my room at top three floors no lift but a great single room
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

A very good bed and breakfast in a good location between the two bays,parking permits are sorted by the hosts and nothing is to much trouble for them.The rooms are very clean and the beds comfortable, the breakfast is brilliant and you pick what you want the night before from a large list of choices, all in all a very good traditional bed and breakfast.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple