“Weekend in Scarborough ”
Review of Sylvern House

Sylvern House
and 1 more site!
Sylvern House
Ranked #66 of 184 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

This B&B was a really good find. It is easy to get to the harbour as well as the town centre. The room was clean and cost but had everything you needed. There was bath, shower, tv, teatray, hair dryer, shower gel and hand wash. Plus the bonus of bottled water and biscuits. The breakfast was by rock box the night before and very substantial. The proprietors were welcoming and could have not been more welcoming to myself and my guide dog. Will be back there soon

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Sylvern House

Reviewed 28 October 2016

Sylvern House turned out to be a perfect booking for us. We brought our two dogs with us and they were welcomed in the hotel. North Bay is only fifty yards away albeit with an ensuing walk down to the beach. For four days we were able to enjoy the freedom of the beach resorts and the half term crowds. Sylvern House is an excellent place to stay. Clean and spacious rooms excellent food tailored to our needs and although there is no car park to the hotel we never failed to get a parking space adjacent to the hotel for which we were issued with a free zonal parking permit by the hotel. We will definitely return to botht the hotel and the area.

Room Tip: Rooms can be tailored to suit couples or families. You only need to specify your requirements.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Thanks to Richard and Vicki for putting up with us lot this weekend. Nothing too much trouble, fab rooms, fab breakfast,fab company and those beds...... so comfy. Will definitely be back if they will have us.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2016

Any positives for me were cancelled out by a stark negative ,that being unnecessary moodiness. The term "nothing too much trouble" is incorrect. After being shown to our room we asked Richard for something for us to place our dogs water bowl on to place on the carpet like a bit of old newspaper or bowl tray. However the response to this request was an unwillingness to assist and a disinterested look .On departing I noticed there was a "Contact less" paying card machine .When I inquired to settle our remaining bill by part guaranteed "contact less" and part credit card his hospitality then turned instantly moody and intimidating by demanding it in one payment. I accepted this yet the reaction alone I found quite disgusting .Note: I've previously found these sorts of requests are easily catered for by other guest houses and so are fair to ask without the negative reaction. This really spoiled our visit and so shall not be returning.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank googleuser2016
Reviewed 24 September 2016

Hi stayed for four nights 19th to 23rd Sept 2016 on arrival was meet by Richard who showed me to my room I was in a single room on top floor, the room was large for a single and spotless. Richard was very friendly and gave me a menu to fill out for b/fast just tick what you need and live it on table down stairs. After a good nights sleep went down for b/fast and Richard served my a full b/fast that was great hot and plenty of it and just as I had ordered The whole four days were the same plus my room was spotless every day with all little extras on top of tea coffee biscuits fresh bottle of water This was one of the best b&b I have stayed in, So if you need a very good b&b stay at Richards Sylvern House.

Room Tip: my room at top three floors no lift but a great single room
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo