“Best place for Fish and Chips in Scarborough”
Review of Harbour View Cafe

Harbour View Cafe
Ranked #15 of 400 Restaurants in Scarborough
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 21 April 2017

Lovely staff, excellent food.
We had heard that they were one of the best places to get Fish and Chips in Scarborough, so we decided to try after having a couple of bad experiences elsewhere... Winking Willies... Bamfords...
One of the best decisions on where to eat that we did make. We were on a little holiday with our daughter (she is only 3, and was pretending to be a cat climbing the stairs, the staff may remember us)
We ordered Fish and Chips with peas for myself and my wife and they made us a Childs portion of Scampi for the little one.
My mother when we were little used to make Homemade Fish and Chips, better than any chips shop, and these were made like this. My wife said to me whilst we were eating that she had never had Fish and Chips as good in her life. She wasn't wrong there. They were delicious.
So we went back again on our last day, and we will return every time we go to Scarborough, because they were the best.
The staff were really friendly as well. 100 percent recommend them for food.

1  Thank Jonni H

Reviewed 16 April 2017

went here yesterday for fish and chips I have to. Fancy fish to eat it I asked for cod the lady said we don't do cod I was going to change my mind she said if I didn't like the haddock she would cook me a another meal no need the fish was fantastic the taste was amazing. Thank you

Reviewed 16 April 2017

Visited at lunchtime on Good Friday. Greeted by very friendly staff and shown to a table. Basic menu but we wanted fish and chips which they had.

Food ordered from counter. Again very pleasant service. My wife only wanted a small portion but the lady serving was concerned that their small portion (child portion) of fish was too small - it wasn't, and got the uncooked fish to show my wife to check size was ok. I had the regular size fish which was large.

Food delivered to table fish and chips cooked very well and tasty. Severed with mushy peas and bread.

We also each had a mug of tea. We are very fussy on our tea, i.e. strength and amount of milk. The serving staff catered to our requirements. Many thanks!

Overall. :-

Excellent food
Excellent service
Excellent value

Would recommend over other cafes on Scarborough South Beach Sea front.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We visited the cafe after seeing a board advertising it's food near the main road and weren't disappointed. We were welcomed on arrival by a friendly lady behind the counter and served by a really pleasant young woman.I ordered a jacket potato with tuna which came with some lovely fresh salad, the tuna presented in a separate fish shaped little dish and it was one of the tastiest jacket potatoes I've ever eaten with a soft inside and brown outside. My husband had a full English breakfast which he said was faultless with particularly good sausages and we both had mugs of tea, all at an excellent price. This is a no frills establishment with great food and great staff but wouldn't be suitable for everyone as there are two flights of stairs.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We go to this delightful little cafe for breakfast every time we visit Scarborough. The full English is exactly that, served with 2 slices of toast. Well cooked by and served by very friendly staff, no pretention just good honest food, with a fantastic view over the harbour.