“Great Cafe”

Ranked #13 of 372 Restaurants in Scarborough
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 April 2017

As it says, it comes with a view over the harbour. Good, no-nonsense home cooking deliciously prepared. Popular with the local fishermen and welcoming to the casual visitor. No hesitation in recommending this one.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

don't be put off by the basic appearance of the place (it it basically a locals/ fishermans cafe) the service is very natural and homely and the fish and chips is some of the best I have ever tasted ! on the day I was in they had a choice of haddock or monkfish, although I am not actually a fan of monkfish I thought I would try it for a change and it was amazing! I will go back next time I'm in the area

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

We have been here many times for breakfast.. but never managed to have dish and chips due to been at work.. but today we did and i have to say it's the best I've had! The girls are so lovely and friendly and they also make the best mugs of tea!!

Reviewed 21 April 2017

A family of 4. Good honest cooked English breakfast. Very friendly staff. We all enjoyed full english, plus a veggie. Managed to park outside as well.

1  Thank Dawn T
Reviewed 21 April 2017

Lovely staff, excellent food.
We had heard that they were one of the best places to get Fish and Chips in Scarborough, so we decided to try after having a couple of bad experiences elsewhere... Winking Willies... Bamfords...
One of the best decisions on where to eat that we did make. We were on a little holiday with our daughter (she is only 3, and was pretending to be a cat climbing the stairs, the staff may remember us)
We ordered Fish and Chips with peas for myself and my wife and they made us a Childs portion of Scampi for the little one.
My mother when we were little used to make Homemade Fish and Chips, better than any chips shop, and these were made like this. My wife said to me whilst we were eating that she had never had Fish and Chips as good in her life. She wasn't wrong there. They were delicious.
So we went back again on our last day, and we will return every time we go to Scarborough, because they were the best.
The staff were really friendly as well. 100 percent recommend them for food.

1  Thank Jonni H