“lovely cafe, lovely staff”

Bay View Coffee House
Ranked #5 of 27 Coffee & Tea in Scarborough
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Called in today for coffee and cake, lovely service, lovely coffee, wonderful carrot cake and very clean toilets, in a lovely situation opposite the beach. .Will go again.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Another return visit and as ever beautiful mocha and coffee. So nice I had a second cup. Lovely staff. Thanks again guys

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

My partner and I visited two years ago when we had a day out in Scarborough. We didn't have any complaints, but I was really ill that day so it was hard to remember.

We called in again today, despite it being fairly busy. It was bank holiday weekend so we expected everywhere to be like that. We ordered two cheese and tomato panini's and two bottles of juice. We waited about ten minutes and saw it being plated up. They young male serving it seemed quite picky when be came to presenting it so I had high hopes. However, the panini was literally luke warm and it was almost as if the tomatoes had been slipped in after the rest was warmed up. The slices were huge and the cheese wasn't melted in some areas.

I understand that due to the location there is obviously a higher cost. But when I pay £4.50 for a panini, I expect it to be at least hot.

Unfortunately, we'll be going elsewhere next time.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

had lovely pannini had looked for week for cafe on front with toilet very few have and only one i found that you dont need go up or down stairs lovely looking out at people on prom nice friendly staff

Reviewed 14 May 2017

A lovely coffee house with really excellent staff.

I ordered a macchiato, thinking it was a tall coffee. I have had macchiato before and it was a tall drink but this one was absolutely tiny. I said I was surprised it was so tiny and asked for an alternative. I tried to pay for my second coffee, but the staff refused to let me pay for it and gave it me for free. They also explained that their macchiato is a small drink. The drink I did have, a mocha, was absolutely delicious. It was very rich and creamy and came with a flake on the side, which was a bonus.

Perhaps the menu board could offer a little description at the side of their drinks to avoid confusion in the future.