“Lovely family meal”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed the carvery, the meat was really tender and everything was cooked to perfection, the yorkshire puddings were enormous and yummy. Kids menu also very good. Very friendly and helpful staff, thoroughly enjoyed our visit. Will definitely be returning and would highly recommend this pub.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We have been to the pub when we stayed in the area last year and thoroughly enjoyed the food so I thought we would return this year to see if it was just as good as it was convenient to where we were staying. We arrived on the Tuesday night and the place didn't seem too busy but the service was very very slow waiting over 45 minutes for our food. Once we got the food it was lovely although my partner did find the bacon in his burger to be extremely salty which ruined his meal slightly. My salmon was beautiful. I was quite disappointed at the frustration of the weight as we had planned to eat her the following night however my partner persuaded me we should give it another try so we returned on the Wednesday night to eat again. Things seem to flow much more smoothly on the Wednesday night with orders been taken quickly and food arriving in a timely manner. The food again was excellent, we avoided the bacon this time, and we were very impressed. We would certainly return to the club if we stay in the area again I would thoroughly recommend it.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Quirky village pub which gets very busy, staff friendly, we was going to eat but didn't fancy anythig off the menu.

I would recommend calling in for a drink if looking for somewhere for a drink on your travels.

There isn't much of a bar area though from what we could see.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

First visit here last Sunday with family.

I’ve driven past the place every time I’ve visited Scarborough and always thought the exterior looked nice, which it does.

We called up in advance on the day to book the table. I would recommend booking so you won’t be disappointed.

We got booked in by a polite lady over the phone. When we arrived we were greeted by two friendly ladies and one showed us to the table.

The interior is like a tradition old pub, which is nice to still see around.

We had a lady take our order from the table , another lady brought over a couple of toys for my nephew which was lovely. All the staff made something of him whilst he was smiling and waving to everyone in there.

The carvery was very tasty, 4 meats to choose from and plenty of veg - parsnips, peas, green beans, carrots, sweetcorm, leek in mustard (very tasty!!), cauliflower cheese. Also a Yorkshire pudding which was served on its own plate.

All the staff were friendly. The atmosphere was pleasant and the food was tasty!

Will definitely be back.

Thank you.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Went here for a meal this evening.absolutely charming place,so friendly and welcoming.it has oldy worldy character,food is excellent and reasonably priced.would definitely visit here again and recommend to friends and family.fantastic