“Friendly and efficient”

Cuisines: Nepalese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Spent a very pleasant 2 hours for family celebration. Although the restaurant was busy on a Saturday evening we were received courtesly and the subsequent service was consistently friendly and efficient. We tried a selection of starters, mains and desserts which were all well prepared, presented and tasty!
A good introduction to Nepalese cuisine.

1  Thank Lancastrians16

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Dropped in on Easter Sunday - very quite! service was excellent friendly and food arrived with no fuss. All the sides and mains were served hot and altogether and tasted just great, on a par with the The Yeti Nepalese in Oxford.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We visited at lunchtime, before deciding to stay and eat we looked through the extensive menu. The dishes are Nepalese and are different to your standard Indian offerings. We determined that 3 chillis would be about a Vindaloo heat. We ordered drinks and continued to peruse the menu. Orders taken we did not need to wait long before the starters arrived, these we shared allowing us to sample 2 dishes each. Main courses, 1 hot Lamb and 1 hot Chicken, with Rice and a Naan bread were absolutely delicious the flavours being well balanced. Throughout our stay the service was absolutely top notch. Will definitely be going back and will recommend to others.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

I met my cousin here for a curry night, I had no idea if it was good or bad before arriving.

To my surprise it was excellent! I am a bit of a foregone conclusion when I have indian food, in that I always have the same thing.

King Prawn Puri
Chicken Madras
Mushroom Rice
Chilli or Cheese Naan

The taste of the madras was delicious, fiery but not insanely hot. The naan was fresh and again not too spicy for a chilli naan. Both myself and my cousin left nothing but empty plates, and I know that I would go back to visit again without hesitation.

1  Thank Duncan S
Reviewed 14 March 2018

I visited Newbury with a friend for lunch. We were on the search of a curry restaurant with a difference. We found the Gurkka Chef. We were greeted with a warm welcome and we asked to see the menu, as were not entirely sure of the type of food. The waiter described the menu for us, and we decided to eat there.

The food was excellent and different with some nice spices. A new eating experience that was very enjoyable. The Customer Service was very good.