“Short Break with Family”
Review of Butlins Minehead

Butlins Minehead
Ranked #5 of 19 things to do in Minehead
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Please only add your review here if you visited Butlins Minehead as a day visitor and didn't stay overnight. If your review is about a short break please add it to the listing entitled 'Butlins Minehead Resort'.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We booked Butlins as it offered the cheapest accommodation price in Minehead. We booked a 2 bed appartment it turned out that it was newly refurbished. Even the kettle was new. Only bad point was that the brand new beds were very hard.

Butlins was as you would expect, very family oriented with facilities to suit. We paid £300 for 4 nights so consider we got a bargain.

Can recommend for families.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,900)
All reviews
"splash waterworld"
in 30 reviews

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Today is my first time at Butlins, we arrived to a broken window letting a draft in, a heater which does not work and the room is dirty. Not impressed, I reported the window and never received a response as the cold air will trigger my sons asthma.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Iv been comin 2 Butlins for 15 years since I was 10 years old we r goin 10 times this year lol! We just came back from the 70s weekend & Jumpin Jax was shut like it always is I thought it was supposed 2 b on every venue (Adult Break)? Well it wasn't we r not happy atall about that it's cool 2 chill in the late night bar & listen 2 some music we r young uns So we had nowhere else for us 2 go 2 or we find on normal weekend breaks it's always shut why not open it for young uns like ourselfs that want 2 enjoy ourselves instead of havin 2 go back 2 the caravan like really early.. Inn the green shuts at 1am but why its not very gd in there anyway & overpriced in there.. Reds is 12am.. Centre stage is 10pm?.. the chipshop has gone downhill since last December, But everythin else was cool can't wait 2 come bk but next time Jumpin Jax better b open theres no reason why it should b shut off everytime we come..

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great weekend. Room was basic , but clean and warm. Entertainment was mostly good, food and service was excellent. Great fun weekend and will be going again.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my first ever Butlins trip and I was pleasantly surprised.

One member of our party has limited mobility and can walk short distances. We found that our accommodation was too far out from the activities due to the mobility issues. The chalet was on the end of the row but furthest from the ramp. A wheel chair would have been fine. Because of the ramp access you need to walk out of your way and double back so it would make more sense for the adapted chalet to be at the other end of the block.

Accommodation was pleasant, clean and comfortable. We found that the cleaning service time varied widely so if you leave your towels on the shower floor and come back expecting clean ones (say after swimming) you may find the cleaning hasn't taken place. Fortunately we didn't get caught out on that one! Beds comfortable.

Chalet too warm and the only way to cool it down was to open windows. No thermostat to control temperature. It was disappointing to see no recycling facilities anywhere. Cleaner put dishwasher on for a few glasses and although it was great not to have to wash up I found myself questioning Butlins environmental impact. I'm no eco warrior but I do think some 'green' changes could be implemented.

We had a Premium Dining Package and food was ok. It wasn't awful but it wasn't delicious either. There are hand gel dispensers outside the restaurants but they weren't really used.

Pool was great fun. Changing rooms grubby and lockers difficult to operate - some bands broken and coins get stuck.

Our daughter enjoyed the Mitre football but was surprised to be the only girl. Boys were accepting of her so don't be afraid to sign your daughters up!

All of the staff members were happy and helpful. Their cheerfulness seemed genuine and whilst perhaps the 'have a good day etc' is scripted it certainly didn't appear forced. I suspect that Butlins is a very good employer to have such happy employees.

What stood out for me was just how 'happy' a place it was, all staff and guests were cheerful and having fun. Very family friendly. I'd go back.