“Very Good”
Review of Erics

Erics
Ranked #12 of 539 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Myself and my family have been to this restaurant many times and the food is always excellent, and I have never been able to find fault, today again everything was fine except the one thing I was very disappointed about was the value of the cheese platter we had for dessert. All the desserts were £5 expect the cheese platter which had a £5 supplement, but what we got for £10 was unbelievable, there were four small pieces of cheese, a few celery slices, a dozen or so grapes, a small amount of chutney and a few seeded crackers, definitely not worth £10.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,764)

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I'm a Londoner and I've become used to the very high level of food quality on offer in our great city. I've also eaten in some fantastic restaurants in Sydney, New York and San Francisco. I spend a fair bit of time in Yorkshire, and to be honest, it's hard to find really good food here. It has certainly improved in recent times, and there are decent restaurants in Leeds and Halifax. But the finest restaurant in West Yorkshire, in my humble opinion, is Eric's in Huddersfield.

I've eaten at Eric's several times and I have to say it has improved each time I've been there. It was good before, now it's excellent. We ate there on Saturday night to celebrate an anniversary. My partner is vegan/vegetarian and I can't think of many restaurants anywhere who offer such a comprehensive and exciting vegan/vegetarian menu.

I chose my starter from the vegetarian menu: goat’s cheese wontons, radish, peanut & lime sauce, soy coleslaw, pak choi, miso glaze and salt baked turnip. It was absolutely delicious. It looked beautiful too. My partner had roast beetroot with shallow fried gnocchi, peas, baby shallots, spinach and red wine & rocket Pesto, which was equally delicious.

For the mains I had breast of thyme butter roast chicken, Jerusalem artichokes, pumpkin, gnocchi, peas, spinach, black truffle, torched cauliflower and salsa verde which was so good I wanted to lick the plate. My partner had roast squash tortellini with Jerusalem artichokes, pak choi, pumpkin, chestnuts, black truffle, torched cauliflower and salsa verde, which again, was equally tasty and beautifully presented.

We drank a bottle of very good Malbec, which I was tempted to have more of.

The service is very good. All the staff are extremely young, which can mean a lack of experience in service, but everyone who attended to us was friendly and efficient and because my first and second choices for dessert were sold out, our waiter offered us our third choice for free, which was a stylish touch. Like the starters and mains, this was also a pleasure to eat: lemon panna cotta, caramelised oranges, flapjack and blackcurrant panna cotta ice cream. I have to say I particularly like caramelised oranges!

The prices reflect the quality of food on offer, but as far as I'm concerned still offer very good value for what you get. I highly recommend this restaurant. And it's in Huddersfield - an unexpected surprise in town not exactly endowed with fine dining!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Booked a table for 10 girls was asked to pay £10 deposit per person which is understandable for a Saturday night.

We didn’t realise we were in the early bird hours. Can highly recommend three courses for £25.00 and all were amazing!!

The atmosphere is lovely, the staff and friendly and knowledgable!

Once again Eric’s you have shown you are the best restaurant in Huddersfield.

Highly recommend

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

The food was delicious and the staff were very attentive. Great atmosphere and the deco beautiful. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Top quality food and beautiful restaurant, I wouldn’t call it cheap but it’s certainly value for money, would highly recommend.