“What a Joke”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Walked I to the restaurant and asked the male waiter " Is cannelloni on the menu?". He gave me and odd look. I asked him "Are you Italian?" He replied yes. I asked him do you know what Cannelloni is? Yet another confused look. "Comment back was our menu changes every day - I will check. We sat down - he never came back to us. Given menu and no cannelloni. So ordered a seafood pasta and my husband ordered carbonara. Both disappointing - my seafood was just a lot of tiny shellfish in the shell. My husband's carbonara was severely lacking in flavour. Pretty damn disappointing. Maybe we ordered the wrong food as I am amazed at the current Trip Advisor reviews

1  Thank Maggie G

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

My fiancé and I went here a year ago and were somewhat disappointed last time but we thought we would try it again to see if it had improved.

Biggest mistake we made as the food is bland and tasteless. My fiancé has got a lot of experience in the kitchen as he has been a head chef for a long time in an Italian restaurant. We came out feeling sick as the food was not only bland and tasteless but it seemed undercooked.
We went for the ravioli with mushrooms, zucchini and ricotta cooked in butter. Only 4 pieces of ravioli which tasted like flower, butter and a bit of mushroom. The price we paid for it is not worth it.

We left soon after we had arrived.

A lot will have to improve before this can be considered a good Italian restaurant!

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Went here on a Groupon deal and was pretty disappointed. Nothing special to be honest pretty disappointing. Service good but food pretty bland - tasted as good if not better in Italian chains.

Reviewed 1 July 2017

I has carbonara my hubby had calzone both were delicious.the food was lovely definitely not fast food though. Worth the wait it was fresh and tasry....also piping j
Hot.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Ok, I don't have high expectations of Italian restaurants outside Italy, but this one is definitely disappointing even for non-Italian people.
The place itself is ok: the style is sober and without any fuss. The tables are a bit too high for the chairs and my place had some hash on the napkin though.
The service instead is a bit careless and very slow. We had to wait a lot for everything and we hadn't had enough attentions, even if the restaurant was almost empty.
I had a Tagliata for dinner, that was ok. I finished my meal with a Tiramisu, but I couldn't finish it because of the rancid flavor.