“Used to come here but never again”
Review of Don Giovanni - CLOSED

Don Giovanni
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 November 2017

We used to come here and it was fantastic but we had a bad experience last time but thought we'd give it another go. well we wish we hadn't. The food was awful and the you were made to feel like you were a bit of an inconvenience, especially by the lady. I had mushrooms stuffed with gorgonzola and parmesan, they used to be the large mushrooms but now they are button mushrooms, the first portion came out so overdone I had to send them back, the 2nd portion wasn't much better - you really can't stuff a button mushroom with anything! I was gutted because it used to be my favourite dish. I had chicken with mushroom sauce for main, the chicken was lovely and tender but it tasted odd. So much so that I spat some of it out and left most of it, the sauce tasted of nothing. I am so upset as this used to be one of our favourites. It was a complete waste of money.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Very nice Italian restaurant. We didn't expect to have that tasty pasta in Folkestone. It is as if we are back to Italy. Do try this restaurant if you miss authentic Italian pasta.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Although the restaurant wasn't too busy the menu, atmosphere and service are excellent. Well worth the effort to find.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is serving Sunday lunch for the next few Sundays before the end of summer, best to call beforehand to check. Fabulous cold buffet with a selection of hot dishes for £13.50 pp. Great for those that are gluten free as the owners wife is also gluten free. Pasta and other dishes can be adapted, pizza orders need to be phoned for in advance. We will definitely be back, one of Folkestone's hidden gems.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Found this place by chance on a Sunday evening, had the two course buffet, what an excellent choice and quality would recommend to any one.