“A long lunch”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 8 November 2017

We were impressed with the style and layout of the restaurant and looked forward to a nice lunch. We ordered fishcakes at the bar but after a short time the chef came to apologise and told us that the fishcakes had not been taken out of the freezer earlier that day by the staff member delegated to do so. We would therefore have to have an alternative dish, which we duly ordered. However when the meal came one of the children's pasta dishes was still cold and we had to return it to be re-heated. In consequence of these issues our lunch stay was much longer than expected. However in fairness, the staff were very good about these matters and were very apologetic and also gave us a sizeable refund. We really did feel sorry for them. With such pleasant staff and a lovely atmosphere it was a shame that on this occasion our meal did not match up to those enjoyed by other contributors.

LimeTreeCafeBar, General Manager at Lime Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience with us. We take customer feedback, both good and bad seriously. Please give me an email on limetree@sabrain.com and we can discuss the matter further.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

A really enjoyable visit to the Lime Tree, Good food, and drink to complement the atmosphere and friendly staff.

LimeTreeCafeBar, General Manager at Lime Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

We are glad that you had a great time. I will give your feedback to the team. I hope we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Visited here twice on a weekend away. Gem of a place, friendly staff, nice atmosphere and decent cocktails - had barstaff fighting to make the best ones.
Really enjoyed it, thanks to the great staff.

LimeTreeCafeBar, General Manager at Lime Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Also many thanks for enabling our staffs competitiveness. I believe you have created some monsters.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Lovely bistro style restaurant with friendly service and varied menu. Can recommend the halloumi with sweet chilli sauce and the sweet potato fries are to die for!!

LimeTreeCafeBar, General Manager at Lime Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Reviewed 13 October 2017

As locals we have visited this establishment many times. However, we have wowed never to return.
I have reviewed before and rated very low. Nothing has changed, toilets are still shocking, drinks are London prices and when my wife questioned the cost of the drinks, it was confirmed that a pint of lager and a gin and tonic should cost £13.10 - REALLY.
The staff member that served us was great and apologetic, explaining that it was Brains Brewery that set the prices and how expensive they where, but it didn't matter because most visitors where tourists!!!! REALLY, is this the welcome tourists deserve, and 'Visit Wales' promote?
Come on, you can do better than this. You should be number 1 in chepstow and filling the place most days.

A CHALLENGE to the Directors of Brains Brewery:

As a businessman I believe I can double the turnover of the Lime Tree, Chepstow over a 6 month period. If not, I am happy to double the difference. However, if I succeed, you sell me the business at the market rate. Everyone would benefit, especially the local and tourist community and of course yourselves with increased sales . Happy to discuss and agree terms.

3  Thank 778roger
LimeTreeCafeBar, General Manager at Lime Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Roger,
Many thanks for you feedback. As my staff member mentioned at the time. Our prices are set by head office. But I will feedback your comments to the pricing team.

With regards to your comments about the toilets we regularly check the cleanliness of them throughout the day. Rest assured I will be speaking to our cleaning team to ensure that standards to not slip again.
If you would like to discuss anything further please drop me an email on limetree@sabrain.com
Regards,