“Always a treat”

Price range: US$25 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 February 2018

We have been round this pub quite a few times as we now live in the local area.

We have visited for an afternoon drink, Sunday roast and an evening meal on a Friday. We have on all of these occasions been served delicious food while getting fabulous service. The hostess (I think she is the Hostess) is always very welcoming, has a chat but never too much.

I had the beef for Sunday roast which was cooked perfectly, served with home made (at least I thought it was) horseradish and loads of nice vegetables. Some friends within my group had pork, some beef and some lamb but all of them said the meat was cooked to perfection. I think its good that the Father/owner is carving the meat at the buffet as it stays juicy and warm by doing this.
We arrived at the pub around 13:00 and I would recommend visiting this place early if you want a more relaxed dinner as it can get quite busy on Sunday afternoon.

We will definitely be back for more soon!

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Saturday evening with friends presentation of meal was nice the dessert trolley had a great selection to choose from the staff was very friendly and the service was excellent looking forward to a second visit

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Very quirkie, Italian style/British pub. Very good service. The waitress remembers the hole desert, special and mains that change very frequently. Very happy and welcoming, Brilliant calm atmosphere. I have nothing bad to say.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

fabulous 5 meat carvery roast dinner with all the trimmings, like home made, followed by irresistible sweets temptation trolley..... very friendly service too. cannot fault this place,

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Visited today for the Seniors lunch with friends. Although my wife and I have regularly visited the Black Horse. This was the first time for a number of years that we went for the Seniors lunch. Great menu two courses for £8.50p. Choice of 4 starters and 4 mains. To suit all tastes. Deserts from the trolley were extra. We all had different food which was excellent. The staff were like always very friendly and welcoming. Well worth making the effort if you are in the area.