Lowest prices for your stay
FindHotel
Trip.com
US$29
TripadvisorUS$26
Hotels.com
All reviews travel lodge business floor channel tunnel room was clean family room food outlets burger king overnight stop retail park euro tunnel pizza hut lots of places to eat would stay again eureka park one night stay pleasant stay from france
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Ok another review for this hotel.
As most know I virtually live in travel lodge with working on highways.
Now I've been in quite an array of travel lodges even the more modern and upto date ones. BUT I would not change the ways of this hotel at all staff wise. What i would like to see which it's not the staff's fault is the decor and maintenance of the place. Yes it's dated and tiered but let me abbreviate on this.
I've been with this hotel from march 17th 2019 as we all know was covid lock down.
The staff here I believe are some of the most efficient and positive individuals I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.
I myself got close to the staff and they welcomed me as a friend ( this made me feel amazing as I wasnt just a number )
Harriet who normally works days is the most polite Individual anyone could meet.
Then we have afters well this shift is different staff but they all are the same polite and efficient. Especially when their working alone with all they have to achieve as well as customer service.
Let's move onto Sarah well she is one hell of a machine. The knowledge she has regarding policy and procedures of the brand travel lodge is remarkable
You turn your head no matter what shift it is and shes around. Amazing young woman she is. Always at any point will drop what she's doing and assist in anyones issue. And believe me I've seen what the staff here do on a day to day absolute respect for these staff.
Ok best till last THE NIGHT TEAM
Words cant be wrote on how I feel about these guys on nights.
I've seen staff come and go on this shift I've seen staff from other hotels fill in on this shift but the staff here omg.
Marnie ' & Richard ' use to be Luis but left
Young jorden. And of course Sarah.
Well these guys are truley remarkable ABOVE AND BEYOND I would stay
Marnie is the most direct strong amazing woman I've had the pleasure of meeting she is so helpful and through my times of covid and feeling isolated she stepped up to make me feel good in myself.
Richard if anyone meets him is remarkable a true gentleman and a kind heart.
Sarah again she is everywhere but a
loverly person.
NOW I know the business has to gain good remarks and views on a point system. But I feel I have to say this because credit should be awarded were credit due. And that's to the team.
On nights I've witnessed threats violence fighting drugs and these girls have to deal with this as the hotel is in hospitality section this is all on top of there day to day activities they are pushed towards.
Now dont get me wrong I understand that activities must be met on a shift to shift basis but come on if you havnt worked night then you wont know what I'm talking about when I say these guys deal with extreme situations while still abiding by company tasks. I've seen these guys deal with temp managers for a long time and these girls pushed through and took pride in this hotel to achieve standards and make us all feel welcomed and safe.
People who stand out for me here are.
Marnie 10/10 shes amazing
Sarah 10/10 for her passion for the hotel
Richard hasn't been there long but for what I've seen hes definitely a gentleman to have around.
Dont get me wrong we all have issues to deal with but these guys not only deal with those but they go above and beyond and deal with the nasty sides of hotel guests but with respect and professionalism.
Well done team Ashford for your kind and warm understanding while we road workers try to deal with covid regulations.
As for the hotel it is a very good covid regulated building and the staff allways achieve standards second d to none with there touch point. cleaning and sterilising.

I had the pleasure of meeting the resident manager the other day. David was quite passionate the way he talked about the staff and the hotel and I hope to see progression in the modern side in the future this would put ashford in a prime location and a pleasure to stay at.
Anyone would on an overnight stay or even a longer stay feel welcomed with this team.
Next time I'm on M20 I will be calling again

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Travelodge UK, Other at Travelodge Ashford, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your review.

We are delighted to hear that the Team were able to make your stay more enjoyable. We hope to consistently demonstrate a high level of sincere customer care, and we are pleased to hear that this was achieved throughout your stay.

Thanks again for taking the time to submit your review, we hope to welcome you back to stay with us again in the near future. - Lauren from the Social Media Team

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed at the travelodge for work reasons. Sarah was amazing she gave me the room I requested immediately nothing was too much trouble. Lots of stuff on the leisure park there places to eat still open. Great stay

Trip type: Travelled on business
Travelodge UK, Other at Travelodge Ashford, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Many thanks for sharing your kind comments about our team member Sarah with us, we will ensure this is passed on to the hotel for you.

We aim to provide an enjoyable stay for all of our guests and we are so happy to see this has been achieved.

Thanks again for leaving us positive feedback, we do hope to see you again in the future. - Zack from The Social Media Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very nice hotel, all very clean, very quiet, and a very nice staff, in special Sarah, 5 stars to help in this difficult times with the covid.. She explain what you have to do, where you can find what you need... And with a very big smile... Under the mask...

Trip type: Travelled solo
James From the Social Media Team, Other at Travelodge Ashford, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for reviewing our Travelodge Ashford Hotel.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed this stay with us.

Please rest assured that the hotel's management team do check up on reviews of their hotels so your comments have been passed on.

Once again we'd like to thank you for leaving this lovely review and we do hope that you stay with us again!

Reviewed 11 January 2021

Sarah at reception is absolutely lovely, so welcoming and is willing to go above and beyond for 5 star customer service. Definitely staying again. Really appreciated the quiet room! The hotel was lovely and clean

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 January 2021

Very old building, smells damp and dirty. When i first arrived i rang the door buzzer as it was late and the 2 woman left me standing out in the rain as they just looked at me!! Nasty place wont stay again. Needs to be ripped down and rebuilt!!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Zack From the Travelodge Social Media Team, Other at Travelodge Ashford, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2021

Thank you for submitting your review.

We are sorry to learn of your disappointment following your recent stay with us.

We hope to ensure all of our guests have a comfortable stay, and we are sorry that we did not achieve this on this occasion.

If you wish to contact us directly so that we can discuss your experience further, please be aware that you can always contact our Customer Services team via our website.

All customer feedback is valuable to us, so thank you again for your comments. - Hannah from the Social Media Team