“Dirty and useless”

Pizza Hut
Ranked #182 of 240 Restaurants in Ashford
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped off here before heading back home, we are not from around the area. We came in at 3:15pm and was told the Buffett had stopped even though they had just literally filled it up as we walked in!
We ordered cheesey chips and cheesey crisp, there was hardly any cheese and whilst trying to eat we had to bat away flies there was thousands of small flies flying about the table we was at was very sticky the glasses for refill drinks was disgusting and there was no available straws, we have a 1 year old and never got offered a high chair and was expected to use a booth, obviously a 1year old is not going to sit nicely at the table or be able to sit at the table properly. The baby changing room was dirty and stunk. The customer service was rubbish as well none of them could tell you what items contained certain ingredients, they just gave you a folder and told us to look which we couldn’t understand as it was all in Pizza Hut style looks like it was designed for their staff tbh. Very over priced for what you got, the only thing I would recommend is a deep clean and staff training on knowledge your products.

1  Thank U1159WBstaceyp

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We had taken our three young Godsons bowling and decided to take them to Pizza Hut as one of our friends had said it was eat as much as you like for £4.99 for the kids. So when we arrived at the place in Ashford we were shown to a table by a very young waitress who explained that it was eat as much as you like for the kids at £4.99 from the salad bar, the pizza plates and the pasta, however that does not include a drink or desert. Drinks are way over priced at around £2 - £3.50 a simple orange juice is around £3, what is that all about...... so with three kids we had to upgrade to the £7.95 per head which gave them a drink and a choice of desert, well that also is not entirely true and maybe you should re word your menu...... the choice is either ice cream or an ice lolly !!!!!!! what a bloody con!!!!!. So us two adults opted for the adult eat all you like option also priced at £7.95 and, yes you guessed it, not including a drink........ well my partner had a £3 orange juice and I decided on free tap water, I refuse to pay such high prices for chemical drinks !!!!!! When I eventually got to the salad bar it looked disgusting, food all over the place, the pizza plate was almost empty bar a few slices, and as for the pasta, there was a child dipping the serving spoon in the sauce and licking it. I called a (child) waiter over and informed him that allowing children to help themselves in this way was unhygienic, the pizza had almost run out and generally the whole food area was a disgrace. He said he was unaware that the child was eating from the serving spoons so I politely pointed out that maybe a part of his and his colleagues jobs was to be a little more observant and aware of what was going on around them. I found the experience absolutely dreadful, a complete rip off financially and quite frankly if you leave a place to be run by young inexperienced waiters what do you expect....... When Pizza Hut first opened in the UK I remember it and the salad bar was one of the best things about the place. I hadn't been to a Pizza Hut for years until this day and I have to say a team of wild horses wouldn't drag me back in again. For what we paid we could have gone to an independent pizza restaurant and enjoyed authentic food, I just thought it would be fun and would make a nice change. Unfortunately the place was filthy, the tables were sticky, the food presentation was dreadful....... never never again for me or any of my family !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5  Thank Lloyd J
Reviewed 8 February 2018

My son wanted to go to Pizza Hut for his birthday and as we were already in the area we decided to come here. We booked online which was easy to do. On arriving we were shown to our table and given time to look through the menu. The lighting in the venue was fun but it was a little dark.
They allowed us to bring a cake and balloons for our son. At the end of our meal they bought the cake out and sang to my son. He loved that.
The food was really good. We had an online meal deal offer which was good value for money. We had a good time and we were not made to feel rushed.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Picked up a pizza for my grandson at this restaurant, and paid £13 for it. Never looked at it until got home, I was amazed just how small it was for the price. The box I was given would have held two that size.

Thought it was a rip off, won't go there again

1  Thank CommanderE31
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

People tend to only leave reviews at a place like Pizza Hut if they've had a bad experience, but thought I'd break the mould.

Visited this week for the umpteenth time and again we left very full and very happy. The food is always good and even when it's packed the service is still prompt.
All the staff are smiley, pleasant and helpful.

The toilets are clean and checked regularly - something that isn't common with chain restaurants.