“Disgusting ”
Review of Wah Ying House

Wah Ying House
Ranked #137 of 198 Restaurants in Yeovil
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Both meals were disgusting and were so dry we couldn't swallow the food, rang up to complain and got no where, basicly called liers and told the food was ok, I told them as a grown woman I wouldn't complain if there was nothing to complain about and then I got sorry not speak good English, don't know what you are saying!!!!
Food was disgusting, customer service more so, won't be going there again!!!!!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Got stuck in Yeovil due to snow, fancied a takeaway to eat in hotel room so tried this Chinese. Service was very good & quick. The food was cooked to order, all dishes we're delicious, best we have ever had. Just wish it was in my local town.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

We have used this takeaway several times in recent years, astonishingly without any issues previously. Having moved out of Yeovil into a neighbouring village last year, we hadn't used any takeaway establishments in the town for several months. Yesterday evening (Sunday) we decided to order a Chinese, and after finding out that Wah Ying deliver to our postcode, we decided to go ahead.

The food arrived in 35 minutes, amazing considering the 10 minute journey to get to us! Food was ALL THERE and PIPING HOT! Admittedly this was a Sunday evening and was probably quieter than Friday and Saturday however we are very glad that considering recent poor reviews, that we had given our favourite Chinese the benefit of the doubt!

Not entirely perfect however! My only complaint is that there appears to have been a ramp up in delivery charges. What used to be £3.50 to our village is now double that several months down the line! £7 delivery is extortionate, especially for a 5 mile journey. Will be collecting next time, my car is by no means the most economical however it would've cost no more than £1.00 in fuel!

Food AMAZING. Service AMAZING. Delivery Charge VERY POOR.

OVERALL VERY GOOD

Reviewed 15 May 2016

We have used Wah Ying House for 9 years but it has gone downhill rapidly. The staff are rude and our last three orders have been wrong so we won't be using them again. The debacle that ensued last night started with an order missing a pot of curry sauce. Not major but still I had paid £20 for food I wanted the order to be right. I requested that we have the whole order replaced as we had begun to serve up the food. They said that because it was opened they wouldn't do this (perhaps had I not opened it they would have served it to someone else, I don't know). I complained that I would end up reheating this food and that had I wanted a microwave meal I would have organised that myself, the whole point was to have it delivered as an option of convenience so that we weren't preparing food. We ended up getting the curry sauce delivered 35 mins later.

The generally helpful assistant on the phone, acting as a translator for the chef/owner, relayed the message that the owner said that we were 'doing this on purpose' and that we were trying to get free items. Yes, a £1.60 pot of curry sauce was worth all of this hassle.

I explained to the assistant that I felt insulted by this and she did apologise. At this stage I felt obliged to stop the conversation as the young lady appeared to be getting shouted at by the owner.

We will never use them again, have shared this experience on social media and also various review sites. So many places to order food in Yeovil, we will be using these in future and suggest others avoid Way Ying House to avoid the same disappointing service.

Reviewed 26 December 2015 via mobile

Ordered from this take away last night for me and my partner.
Ordered at 7.15pm was told on the phone it would be 45minutes, gave them the benefit of the doubt being Xmas, when the food turned up at 8.15.
Payed over the phone with card to which there is a 60p charge, never has been before (I have been going here years) but hey ho had no cash on me so had to use card.
The food arrived and I realised they had forgotten the chicken curry, so I ran them, they were laughing about it, like its funny to the customer who is very hungry after a long day at work and then home to look after my disabled partner.
The women on the phone then says "I will check with the chef to see if he forgot it" ummm yeah he did, as I don't have it here.
They tell me they will get the driver back and it will be with me in 20 mins.
8.45pm still no curry, so I ring again and tell them I want them there by 9pm as my other bits of food will go cold, she tells me the driver had left with it, so should be there already, well he wasn't otherwise I wouldn't be on the phone to you. I live not even a 5 minute walk from there let alone drive, so think someone was telling porkies there..

9pm still no curry so I ring and tell them that I want a fresh order done, which they agreed to do, told me it will be 20 minutes.
They driver then turns up with my forgotten curry, I send him away, I get a phone call 10 minutes later
To ask why I didn't send the other food back with the driver for a new one to be delivered back to me? why would I give them my order back? which by now is cold, for them to drop a "fresh" one back?
She was then arguing with me that she told me to send it back with the driver and that I didn't do what she asked.
1 - it wouldn't of come back fresh
2 - why would I give someone something I have paid for, for them to "drop me back another one?"
No thanks I will keep this one until my other arrives.
She asked me on the phone if I have eaten any of the food and if I will send it back when the driver gets there, yes I will as its freezing cold by now. But why on earth she rang me to ask if I had eaten any of it? What were they going to do or who were they going to give my cold food to??!!
I asked if she even has my fresh order on and she says NO as I didn't send my food back with the driver "like she TOLD me to do"
So this is 9.30, 2 hours and 15minutes after ordering and paying.
So I told her to send someone up to pick up this cold food and give me my money back in cash and it better had be by 9.40pm. They turn up at 9.40pm, I hand the women the bag, which she then checks to see if we have eaten any, before giving me my cash back.
She gives me £20.60, my bill was £21.20, I wouldn't normally split hairs but Jesus what else are they going to mess up. I tell her I paid more then she has gave me and then she was arguing with me that "no it's what's on the receipt" so where did that card charge go if that wasn't on the receipt, which I wouldn't know as the driver didn't give me my card receipt when he dropped off the order first.
I ring the shop with her at the door, the women on the phone says "oh dear yeah you paid with card"
She asks to speak to the lady who is shouting very loudly on my door step at what is now nearly 10pm on Xmas eve.
She hands the phone back to me and the women on the other end says "give the cash back to the lady and I will refund the money on to your card"
Ummm no thanks, as that won't happen and I don't have the original receipt for my order.
I take the cash and shut the door.
The customer service in this place is appalling and rude.
I would NEVER use this place again and I'd advice no one to if they want the food with in good time and correctly.

1  Thank Slmo