“Lovely lunch”

Price range: US$12 - US$33
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Bentlands Pub is a traditional pub serving real ales plus a large selection of wines, bottled beers & draught lagers/ ciders.........We serve freshly cooked meals, with a menu to suit all tastes..We are mostly famous for our large selection of 'Tex-Mex' ( Texan food with a Mexican influence).... We are essentially an adult pub, so we are sorry but we do not allow children in for drinks only.. But we do allow children in accompanied by adults, that is only if both children and the adults are dining, and seated in the dining areas only. The lounge & bar areas are for adults only. During the summer months we have a very large garden to the rear where families & pets are more than welcome to sit alfresco to enjoy the sunshine with a drink or to taste our menu. Restaurant reservations are accepted ....Meals served 12-9pm daily ..
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We came here for a surprise birthday lunch for my oldest friend and enjoyed a lovely time. The food was delicious and we all struggled to eat our main courses following the generous starters. I would highly recommend a visit here. We will certainly return.

1  Thank Joanne R

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely meal midweek with friends from work.
Amazing Mexican food really good quality and at a fab price. Can't wait to visit again. Best meal I've had out in along time.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Came here midweek without booking but found a table quite easily.service very efficient, staff pleasant and accomodating.food arrived quickly and was hot, steak cooked spot on, chilli was tasty however just a few minor issues with quality, like the salad components werent the freshest, hanging around in the fridge over the weekend, but that said id happily go again, much worse places to eat and drink

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

We have eaten here 100s of times over the years... however this time I was disappointed, I had the burrito and the filling was watery and tasteless, very different to what I have had in the past. Genuinely disappointed.

My husbands food was ok.

Hope it was a one off. But think I will give it a break before going back.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Positives:
The food’s good and you’ll leave feeling full. Don’t get me wrong, it’s nothing to write home about, it’s not gastro dining but you can’t call really fault it.
The pub is also well located and it’s easy to access, not true of all pubs in the area.

Negatives:
The decor is drab and the atmosphere is dead! It looks and feels like there’s been no investment into this pub and it’s a shame.
Some of the food we had was rather greasy and a little unappetising (although that wasn’t awful).
The service was rather slow and although everyone was polite, it was unreliable.

On reflection, I might come again if I were passing, but I wouldn’t recommend it if there’s another option.