All reviews indian restaurant retail park travel lodge frankie and bennys choice of restaurants curry house within walking distance room was clean family room costa coffee short drive plenty of parking car park free wifi basic hotel an overnight stay excellent value for money
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Being used to Travelodges over the years I booked two separate overnight stops between South West Wales and the North East. The staff were great, helpful and considerate; the room was clean and easy to access (there is a lift); the bed is comfortable (we bought one like it a while ago); the Travelodge is easy to access from the Motorway and there is an Indian Restaurant and a Subway in the same building. Great location, good service.
But Oh dear! The room was the smallest and poorest appointed of any Travelodge I have ever been to. There was no bag shelf to unpack from and nowhere to put our gear. The desk was small and there was no light over it; there was one eyelevel shelf over a hanging rail; once we had our luggage in the room, when one person was moving round the room the other had to sit in the chair or lay on the bed.
If you are a solo minimalist traveller or business person, or prepared to leave your gear in your car in the carpark, then this Travelodge is fine for you - otherwise, there are other Travelodges in the area much better appointed than this one. I will not be coming back here.
Please be aware of what you are booking, as this size of room is the new Travelodge Standard as stated on the Travelodge Website. Most people who have given reviews have not found the size of the room a problem - that is OK, but I did, and I feel that Travelodge should give the size of their rooms as a lot of hotels do, so that customers can make better informed choices.
I actually stayed in March 2018, and the delay has been due to taking my complaint to Travelodge head office; this website will only let me enter a date in June or later.

Room Tip: Be aware that these rooms are smaller than many Travelodges rooms
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Charley from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Warrington Gemini, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are truly sorry to learn of your disappointment with our family rooms at our Warrington Gemini hotel.

All of our room types are furnished to the same standard across our whole estate, however we understand that the layout and size of our rooms may vary between locations due to the sizes and ages of our hotels. Regardless, we are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay as a result and we will ensure your comments are taken on board as this the best way for us to improve the service we offer.

Thank you again for reviewing your stay and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I am a wheelchair user and need a hotel room with a level-access, wheel in shower. I booked a room at this hotel via the reservations contact centre but rang the hotel after making the booking to check the detail of the room (having been caught out before by 'accessible' rooms with baths in them. Eh?!). Julie who answered, gave me helpful information about the room that I had booked. I needed to book a second night but had been told by the reservations call centre that there was no available accessible rooms on that day. I explained this to Julie who immediately said that she would attempt to contact the other guest who was booked into the accessible room to see if they would change to another room (apparently people book accessible rooms when they don't really need them). She did this and called me back. The other guest had agreed to move to another room and I was then able to call the reservations centre back and secure the accessible room for another night. I think this was absolutely excellent customer service and that Julie went out of her way to help me when she could have just opted to accept that the room was booked and that therefore she couldn't do anything. Very impressive, thank you Julie.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PegLeg67
Reviewed 25 June 2018

room reserved for my son had someone in already,did get room on same floor.not enough towels supplied.we had a family room,found the bath/shower hard to get into as have MS,you not to blame re this as step son booked room,but still a prob.

Room Tip: rooms a good size
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
TravelodgeUK, Tilly from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Warrington Gemini, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you for your comments about our Warrington Gemini hotel.

We are very sorry to hear that the room your son was allocated, was already occupied and that the second room was not set up correctly.

We will be passing your review onto our hotel team and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights as wanted to visit Chester zoo. The hotel is clean, comfortable and staff all very welcoming. Plenty of places to eat around about the hotel, we chose to visit the pub that was near by, excellent value and great choice of food. Would definitley recommend staying here, great value and family friendly.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

A really clean and quiet hotel and fabulous value at £39 per night. Friendly reception staff and easy parking. Very close to the Retail park with a Harvester restaurant 50m away and Subway next door. Easy access to M62 and M6

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business