The Bedford Hotel
US$153
  • Breakfast included
The Duke of Tavistock(Tavistock)
US$129
US$125
Travelocity
Excellent 5/5
The Queen's Head Hotel(Tavistock)(Great Value!)
US$46
  • Restaurant
The Horn Of Plenty(Gulworthy)
US$249
US$233
Agoda.com
Great 4.5/5
Moorland Garden Hotel(Yelverton)(Great Value!)
US$125
SmithHotels.com
US$154
US$149
Excellent 5/5
Two Bridges Hotel(Two Bridges)
US$249
Very Good 4/5
US$170
  • Breakfast included
US$71
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsjacuzzi bathsister hoteltraditional hotelfour posterno liftchristmas daylovely old hotelwedding receptionthe ground floorcomfortable hotelcentral locationgood sized car parkpublic areaspannier marketsconesdouble roomcentre of town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I took my Aunt for a birthday afternoon tea today and I was so disappointed!
Just two flavours of sandwich, 4 X smoked salmon and 2 X cheese and chutney. Giant plain scones that were too crumbly and erring on the side of stale and some other cakes that were 100% shop bought and not baked on site, and if they were they were basic.
My aunt had a glass of Prosecco which they served to her with the bottle without a cooler.
Is just amateurish and not worth the money. First afternoon tea we've never asked for more and didn't finish everything!

Cool looking hotel though.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank hoolie81
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had a night here on our way to Cornwall. We were greeted by a very lovely lady who was extremely helpful. Nothing was too much. Our room was super, a good size and a lovely view. The only reason I’m giving it 4 stars instead of 5 is because we were disappointed with the breakfast. A limited menu. We ordered poached eggs on toast and 1 poached egg arrived in a bit of toast with the crusts cut off. Wasn’t very satisfying. But the rest of our stay was very pleasant.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
gmbedfordhotel, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Dear Pippa F,

Thank you for lovely review I am pleased you received a warm welcome and had a pleasant stay. I am sorry you did not receive a hearty breakfast. I do feel we offer varied choice on our breakfast menu from cold buffet selection which you can help yourself to as well as an 'a la carte' menu which comes freshly cooked from the kitchen. I believe chef short changed you with just one egg on this occasion for which I am very sorry but I do hope it would not deter you from staying again.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

I didn't stay at the hotel. I wasn't even a paying customer. I was a cyclist that rode through Dartmoor in -5c and arrived at this establishment a cramped up, shivering wreck. The staff were more than happy to let me sit in the lobby, call a cab for me, offer me a drink, allow me to walk through their classy dining room in my cycling outfit to the bathroom AND were very polite and courteous the entire time.

As a non customer, they didn't have to do any of those things, but the fact I'm impressed with all this shows what level of service I'm used to day to day. Considerably lower than this. Excellent service and beautiful establishment.

I shall take what I picked up service wise back to my own job (retail manager) and recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Tavistock.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank LordDanny
gmbedfordhotel, General Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Dear Lord Danny,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at the Bedford Hotel. You can be assured of a warm welcome at all times even if you are not a guest! Thank you for recommending us in the future. Perhaps you will stay one day....

Reviewed 28 February 2018

We thought this place looked a bit smart for us but with free parking at the rear and poor weather (and an otter!) we gave it a try. The open sandwiches we had for lunch were stunning! The place is facinating inside so you must go in to have a good look around. It will be well worth it.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 22 February 2018

My elderly parents enjoyed a wonderful three night stay and 90 th Birthday Party. Their needs were anticipated and they were made very comfortable last weekend. My Father has to follow a very restricted diet, both the chef and staff ensured he had a choice of meals which he enjoyed. The party food was excellent and well paced. Thank you very much. All the staff were great.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family