“Great Bacon Sandwiches”
Review of Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan
Ranked #26 of 39 Restaurants in Salcombe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: This busy little breakfast and lunch cafe is situated right in the middle of the bustling seaside town overlooking the sea which is 50 yards away. Opening early in the morning for the local fishermen and then the passing tourist, it is a great place to have lunch too with fresh local produce that is freshly prepared.
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Great to enjoy an early morning cuppa and breakfast..
Just nice to relax and watch Salcombe harbour cone to life...
Enjoy..

There are newer reviews for Captain Morgan

Reviewed 16 May 2017

We had our usual Bosuns Breakfast on a visit to Salcombe last week, and it was a great start to our day. The weather was not as nice as we'd have liked to needed to sit inside but the food was just a good as when we sit outside. The cafe was very busy but the food and coffees came out piping hot and very quick. Great job guys.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

An excellent, freshly cooked breakfast. Good value for money and quickly delivered. Furniture not very comfortable but acceptable. Remember to take cash as that is all they will accept.

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Great breakfast, great coffees, we sat in the sun and enjoyed the view and the food. Worth a visit, watch out for the seagulls as they will try it on

Reviewed 15 December 2016

Stopped in here during the off season for some breakfast after our stroll around the small town. Located right alongside the busy, waterfront car park, the place seems to keep a steady business, but not overly busy if that makes sense.

Ordered a typical English breakfast and a breakfast sandwich to go along with our coffees. The two gents, taking orders and cooking the food were attentive and the food came out in good time, and hot. I can't recall seeing any sort of toasted sandwich option (they may do, just didn't see it), but I know my bfast sandwich full of sausage, egg and bacon, though delicious, had it been toasted... perfection haha.

The shop itself is small yeah, but its decorated very tastefully given the nautical theme and feels very warm and cozy. Plus, nice large, branded mugs for tea and coffee which are fun :)

I think the experience as a whole is definitely a bit above the average, however I do feel the pricing is a bit high for the quality of what you get. Kinda like, would you pay £10 for a £4 traditional English from 'spoons? You wouldn't right? I'm just using that as an example, it's not that drastic :) Food is good, I had no issues eating it, would eat again, and I defo would recommend others to go there as well!

1  Thank James L