“Bad attitude”

Sunnymount
Sunnymount
Ranked #25 of 43 Ross-on-Wye B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 May 2017

I telephoned the hotel the evening of my booking and apologised profusely that I had to cancel because of an emergency at home.The person I spoke to was very off (what was the point? they were going to charge me anyway). I would never book there again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank suzanne h
Robert R, Owner at Sunnymount, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

After receiving the worst review we have ever had we feel we have a right to reply.

We received a booking for your room 4 weeks beforehand, I emailed you, on the day of arrival, asking for a rough time of arrival, already asked, on booking. No reply. This meant we stayed in, all day waiting for you.

At about 5o'clock, you cancelled, giving us no time to offer the room again.

You hadn't informed the booking agent and after being in contact with them, they agreed it was a "no show", which constitutes full payment, as mentioned in their terms.

I don't wish to say anything else and would like my comments recorded on the Tripadvisor Website, so that the public can decide, on your comments and score.

Bob and Denise Robertson, Owners

Reviewed 10 April 2017

Stayed for one night and found hosts very friendly and helpful. Nice room (1) and a very nicely cooked breakfast which was well presented. Dining room well set out and also has a separate residents lounge.
Would stay again

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Robert R, Owner at Sunnymount, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2017

Thank-you.

Rob+Denise

Reviewed 28 November 2016

I had not been back to Ross since January but decided to make special trip to see friends as well as on business. I normally stay at Sunnymount and have always been very pleased in the past so I was delighted to be able to book a couple of nights here. I was not disappointed - a friendly welcome awaited me and the spotlessly clean rooms and delicious breakfast were as good as ever. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Robert R, Owner at Sunnymount, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2017

Thank-you, please come again.

Rob

Reviewed 20 September 2016

lovey and clean, great service and food. the bath might be an old cast iron coloured one but that added to it for us. the centre was a short walk but that meant a nice quiet sleep. it had free on site and secure parking too

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2016

Always stay here a few times every year with a friend as we fish in nearby Goodrich. The owners could not be more helpful. Everything about the place is just perfect. Highly recommended. 10 out of 10.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends