“Beautiful food !”

The Old Bull's Head
Ranked #33 of 268 Restaurants in Loughborough
Price range: US$1 - US$36
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Nestled in Woodhouse Eaves, a pretty English village on the side of Beacon Hill, we are the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Our traditional pub building has been stylishly refurbished making it the ideal place to find a cosy corner and take time out whilst enjoying some of our Chefs seasonal dishes and our great selection of wines, ales and lagers. Inside you will find roaring log fires, comfy armchairs to while away the afternoon and an open bar with a unique dining room. So, whether it be a special celebration, a mid week treat, or an impromptu dinner we are happy to help you arrange the perfect occasion.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Had a really lovely meal here today , amazing starters , best roast we’ve had out for a very long time , great staff , all in all brilliant would recommend!

General Manager A, Manager at The Old Bull's Head, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much for this wonderful review.

It was a pleasure to read that you so thoroughly enjoyed your visit.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My daughter booked for a family party of 22 for my mother and fathers birthday.
The service was very good. Everyone was served on time, for such a large party the timing was perfect.
The food was excellent and well presented.
My wife and I had the pork belly and scallops. The pork had been cooked to perfection, it was melt in the mouth.
After the meal all the comments about the food and service where positive. Everybody was catered for.
We would go again when in the area.

Thank you for taking the time to leave this fantastic review.

We are so pleased that you and the rest of the party enjoyed your experience with us and that the food and service were so well received.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The ambiance is very welcoming staff friendly and efficient,not very impressed with the menu selection too many quirky additional ingredients that make you wonder why they are included.
My main was crab prawn linguine no flavour other than garlic very disappointing.
Rest of the group enjoyed their food perhaps I choose the wrong item.
Wine overpriced.

Thank you for leaving your feedback.

It was great to read that you enjoyed the ambiance and that the team looked after you so well.

Disappointing however that your linguine dish let things down and for this I appologise.

Myself and the team hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Came here last week for a bite to eat with the boys
Enjoyed a start and a main each and a couple of beers to wash it down
The food was great and came in good time despite the large amount of diners
Staff are young and friendly and served with a smile
I would definitely recommend this place and come again :)

General Manager A, Manager at The Old Bull's Head, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. We look forward to see you again soon. Your positive words have been passed onto our team.

Many Thanks,

Richard

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited the old bull for Sunday lunch. We were shown to our table, ordered our drink and meals. Eventually our food arrived and we started to tuck in. I like my veg cooked al Dante but raw is raw, that was the potatoes and the Green beans, the salmon was lovely. I asked the waitress for some cooked potatoes which took ages to come and when they did i had finished what I could eat that was cooked. Shortly after we asked for the bill and to my surprise the i was billed for the whole meal, this was mentioned to the waitress and she took it away to be corrected. So we paid up and left, although I left as I arrived, still hungry!!
We were also seated next to a very noisy family of 6 who were extremely noisy, oh boy did she have a mouth on her. Let's just say we will not be stopping here any time soon.

We regret to hear that you had a negative experience and the food served did not meet your expectations. We would love to resolve this issue with you. Please feel free to email us at the restaurant at enquiry@theoldbullshead.co.uk, so we can discuss this matter further

Many Thanks,