“Excellent”

Ranked #6 of 39 Restaurants in Kirkwall
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Evening meal while staying at the hotel. My company sets a budget for food so after a look at the menu I chose carefully. Had a main and dessert with a beer. Food was excellent, really enjoyed it. Will certainly eat again there in my next visit.

1  Thank Ron C

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Shore hotel travelling for work, had the restaurant menu on my stay and I am so glad I did, food wonderfully tasty and beautifully presented. Staff welcoming, friendly and very professional. I hope to come back.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

This is a warm friendly restaurant serving excellent locally sourced food. You do need to make a reservation to be sure of seating, particularly if you want to be seated in the conservatory that has wonderful views over the bay.
The range of dishes available is considerable with extensive vegetarian and vegan options. We had scallops, monkfish and steak all of which were excellent, well cooked and presented. Desserts included clooty dumpling - a rare delicacy!
The service is attentive and friendly.
The restaurant is busy and family friendly so the background noise can make conversation difficult at times especially for anyone who has hearing issues.
Overall a lovely evening and definitely recommended.

1  Thank Fred P
Reviewed 19 July 2017

We dined here with friends while visiting Orkney. The food is simple but lovely and was of a high standard. We were welcomed warmly on arrival and the service was good but not obtrusive throughout. Would definitely go back. We didnt stay at this hotel so cannot comment on the rooms but would be inclined to book the next time visiting this lovely island.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

Nice food, most locally sourced and nicely presented, you do need to book a table as the hotels guests make a bealine for the sittings.