“fishing holiday”

Ranked #5 of 39 Restaurants in Kirkwall
Price range: US$16 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Lucano – restaurant - cafe - pizzeria - bringing you freshly cooked Italian food for all times of the day. Whether you just want a cappuccino or three course lunch you’ll find it all here. Children's menu and also a full wine list available from 11am.
Reviewed 2 March 2018

good food and service.A bit noisy,but manageable
Good family restaurant with welcoming atmosphere
Ill be back

Reviewed 22 February 2018

You don't expect to find an excellent Italian restaurant off the north of Scotland but we did. We went to the cinema at the Picky Centre and walked into town for a pizza afterwards (all of 10 minutes walk). Lucano does a really good pizza. For dessert my husband had an unusual banana concoction that he rated as excellent. I wanted the affogato - full marks to the member of staff who bent the rules a bit to give me an alcoholic version (thank you it was epic). When we went it wasn't busy but I reckon it would get busy later in the year so I would suggest booking in advance.
Definitely recommended.

1  Thank BitsBaby
Reviewed 19 February 2018

What a find! Just what Kirkwall needed, and New since our last visit. Good Italian food, largely pizza and pasta but done well with friendly staff. Reasonably pleased wine. Recommend it. Also very child friendly.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Been to Lucanos many times, for both take away and sitting in, don’t have any complaints from any occasion! Food has always been great and the staff are always welcoming and friendly

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Lucano is open for food throughout the day, from breakfast until latish evening - unusual for Kirkwall. (It isn't clear to a casual passer-by, but they also do pizza takeaways.)

I haven't dined there in the evening - my wife and I both cook quite a bit of Italian food, and so it isn't such a draw to us for dinner. But, on a cold day, they do a great bacon/egg Panini!

1  Thank TheJockDiplomat