“Fantastic 60th Birthday weekend”
other travellers have booked this property
Balgedie House with the Lomond Hills behind
Looking across the gardens to Loch Leven There is a 5 ring gas hob, a wall mounted electric oven, 2 dishwashers & many other mod cons.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Looking across the gardens to Loch Leven
A view from Balgedie House to Loch Leven
The kitchen with large oak dining table & kitchen island
The table can seat 12 comfortably and can be extended to seat 16
There is a lovely log burning stove in the kitchen.
The sitting room has wonderful views out to the Loch
There is a large wood burning stove & large sofas to relax in.
The quiet study with a beautiful antique desk and free wifi.
The downstairs loo!
The master bedroom with an ensuite, walk in wardrobe & a window looking out towards the Loch.
All the beds are made by Hypnos, the same company who supplies the Queen!
The second main bedroom also with exceptional views of the Loch & an ensuite.
Superking luxury bed and bedding
Another superking double bed.
A twin bedroom
The master ensuite with walkin shower, double vanity unit and roll top bath.
The shower room
The family bathroom
Another ensuite bathroom
Looking up to the House from the garden
A view of the back of the house from the garden
Looking south east over the garden towards the Loch
From the front door of the house looking over the garden, towards the Loch
The back garden gate that leads to the farm track and up to the hills
From the farm track leading towards Loch Leven, looking back to the House
The front door!
The back garden, with the hedged 'secret garden' - perfect for children to play in and explore!
Burleigh Sands is a lovely beach on the Loch, just 5 mins away. Perfect for paddling & sand castles!
Kinnesswood, our local village, won Keep Scotland Beautiful's best small village award many times.
The area is great for outdoor pursuit lovers -
there's walking, cycling, golf, gliders & fishing.
The sunsets and sunrises over the Loch are spectacular. This was a taken on an evening in November.
The bird life is wonderful. Much can be seen in the garden & RSPB Vane Farm is only 5 mins away.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 25 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Nicole S
“Fantastic 60th Birthday weekend ”
Reviewed 6 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

If your arriving in day light the house is easy to spot, as it sits high up back from the road, at night time it can be a little harder as it's so dark and the house doesn't have a sign.

The house was very clean, I never noticed any marks on the walls, it was like no one has lived in it. We booked the lodge and it was the same standard.

The welcome hamper had a bottle of processco, 2 beers and a tub of biscuits.
There was essentials in the cupboards, cooking oil, spices, tea bags, coffee and milk. Shona was also able to arrange a 60th ballon for arriving as an additional request.

The house has a wipeable table cloth but if you're arranging a fancy dinner I would recommend taking your own table cloth, (I took 3 standard table clothes) placemats, napkins etc.

I used Loch Levens Larder for the catering and waitress service. I had contacted others before but I found Jay from Loch Levens Larder to be very helpful and they could offer anything I wanted.

We had 13 at the dinner table plus insert, I would say the dinning table and insert would sit 12 comfortably. There is also a breakfast bar with 3 stools.

I hired a singer for the evening, from Freak Music, there was plenty room for one singer and his set up in the corner of the dinning room.

I also booked Mary, the housekeeper, for cleaning up after the party. It was £30 for 2 hours and made such a difference getting up to a clean kitchen. Mary was also available to cook breakfast, but I had already booked the larder.

On Shona's recommendation I had arranged for the birthday girl to get her make up done at The Complete Look, its about a 15 mins drive from the house, they were fantastic and can also come out to do make up for parties.

Oh and if you book, don't forget to take bubble bath, there are two fantastic baths. One free standing and another with a view over the loch.

1 Mar 2018
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely and detailed review of your stay with us. I am so pleased it all worked out so well and your mum enjoyed her special birthday. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back at another time too! Best, Shona
alisonn81...
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Beautiful country home”
Reviewed 30 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

I visited Balgedie House for the first time earlier this month, we had an great gathering of family and friends for an amazing dinner party. Cooking in the such a beautiful well equipped kitchen was a delight. The sitting rooms were so cosy with the wood burning stoves and lovely ensuite bedrooms with stunning views in every direction. The kids were kept occupied by the tv and kids games room they had a ball too. It was a full house and lots of fun and great to escape from the daily grind. Thanks Mary and Shona your friendly and welcoming manner was appreciated and nothing was too much bother. This is an amazing place to stay with lots of things to do near by or great to just relax and enjoy the scenery we hope to be back soon.

1 Mar 2018
Thank you for writing a lovely review of your stay at Balgedie House. I'm so pleased you all enjoyed it all, young and old, and everyone had a great weekend! Please do come back and stay again, we'd love to have you! Best, Shona
A TripAdvisor Member
“"This house is the epitome of Romantic Scotland"”
Reviewed 30 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

This beautiful house was everything we could have dreamed off. My husband and I joined friends here for a short break and it was just amazing. With glorious views over Loch Leven, the house was warm and welcoming which was just as well as we had quite a lot of snow!

I loved the comfortable lounge with the log burning stove and the kitchen was extremely well equipped to a high standard. The bed was so comfortable and the bathroom was scrupulously clean. But my absolute favourite part was sitting by the window on Sunday morning with my tea and just loosing myself in those fantastic views.

I would recommend this property to anyone and challenge them not to lose their heart to this fabulous house and it's beautiful romantic Scottish setting.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
1 Mar 2018
I am so pleased to read you had such a great stay, and you loved the house so much! And I totally agree with you about enjoying times sitting at the kitchen window with a cup of tea, enjoying that stunning view of Loch Leven - it's one of my favourite things too! Thanks for coming, please do come again! Best, Shona
justineho...
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place to spend time with friends”
Reviewed 28 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018
person found this review helpful

I visited Balgedie House for the second time after visiting early last year. This visit was even better! We had another fabulous dinner party with drinks and lots of cooking in such a beautiful kitchen. I also love the sitting rooms, lovely ensuite bedrooms with views to die for in every direction. This year the snow was very heavy and I was hoping to get snowed in. We had the log burners roaring and it was extremely cosy. The children were all kept busy in the tv and kids games room. We had a full house and lots of fun. It was great to get away from it all. Thank you so much Mary and Shona for everything. This spacious, very tastefully decorated and well equipped property is simply stunning and you won’t want to leave.

1 Mar 2018
I'm so pleased you all had such a great friends get together - and that it was even better than your last stay! ;) Thank you for writing a lovely review, I do hope you will be able to come back again another time too! Best, Shona
Mariglian...
Italy
“Perfect house”
Reviewed 17 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018
person found this review helpful

Balgedie House was booked for 12 of us to celebrate a family birthday.
The house looks great on the pictures but they really do not do it justice.
When we arrived the house was beautifully clean with fresh flowers dotted about and a lovely welcome hamper. We were met by Mary who showed us round the house and made sure we were happy with everything.
The house is a great size and even with 12 of us there was plenty of space.
The gardens are lovely and the house is perfectly situated for days out and activities.
Thank you Shona for letting us stay in your beautiful home, hopefully we will visit again.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
21 Jan 2018
Steve, hi. It was an absolute pleasure to have you all to stay and I am so pleased all worked out so well! I'm not sure if there is another special birthday coming up in the family soon but you are welcome any time! Look forward to hearing from you again. Best, Shona
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$486
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing