“Family celebration”
other travellers have booked this property
Balgedie House with the Lomond Hills behind
Looking across the gardens to Loch Leven There is a 5 ring gas hob, a wall mounted electric oven, 2 dishwashers & many other mod cons.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Looking across the gardens to Loch Leven
A view from Balgedie House to Loch Leven
The kitchen with large oak dining table & kitchen island
The table can seat 12 comfortably and can be extended to seat 16
There is a lovely log burning stove in the kitchen.
The sitting room has wonderful views out to the Loch
There is a large wood burning stove & large sofas to relax in.
The quiet study with a beautiful antique desk and free wifi.
The downstairs loo!
The master bedroom with an ensuite, walk in wardrobe & a window looking out towards the Loch.
All the beds are made by Hypnos, the same company who supplies the Queen!
The second main bedroom also with exceptional views of the Loch & an ensuite.
Superking luxury bed and bedding
Another superking double bed.
A twin bedroom
The master ensuite with walkin shower, double vanity unit and roll top bath.
The shower room
The family bathroom
Another ensuite bathroom
Looking up to the House from the garden
A view of the back of the house from the garden
Looking south east over the garden towards the Loch
From the front door of the house looking over the garden, towards the Loch
The back garden gate that leads to the farm track and up to the hills
From the farm track leading towards Loch Leven, looking back to the House
The front door!
The back garden, with the hedged 'secret garden' - perfect for children to play in and explore!
Burleigh Sands is a lovely beach on the Loch, just 5 mins away. Perfect for paddling & sand castles!
Kinnesswood, our local village, won Keep Scotland Beautiful's best small village award many times.
The area is great for outdoor pursuit lovers -
there's walking, cycling, golf, gliders & fishing.
The sunsets and sunrises over the Loch are spectacular. This was a taken on an evening in November.
The bird life is wonderful. Much can be seen in the garden & RSPB Vane Farm is only 5 mins away.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Sunshine3...
“Family celebration”
Reviewed 17 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

We recently stayed at Balgedie house for 3 nights, with 11 family members arriving from all directions for a rare full family gathering. We had many causes for celebrations & found Balgedie house to be the perfect venue. The house is so luxurious, spotlessly clean with so much attention to detail we felt utterly spoilt. The outside space is equally spectacular with so many unexpected treats. There is much to do in the local area, although you may find it hard to tear yourself away from the house & the glorious views! I can not recommend Balgedie house highly enough.

19 Apr 2018
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your stay with us. I am so pleased you all enjoyed your few days at the House, in the garden and around and about so much! Please do keep in touch as we'd love to welcome you all back again one day. Best, Shona
iannitch
Scotland
“Mr”
Reviewed 20 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

I've just returned from 3 days at Balgeddie House, where I had a belated 70th Birthday celebration with my extended family. We were a group of twelve+dog. Six adults and six children aged from one to seventy, and frankly, I could not have chosen a better location.
The website and reviews certainly raise expectations, but this house meets them all.
It is decorated and equipped to a very high standard, but it is also sufficiently homely and child friendly, to not be inhibiting. The location and views are stunning.
I found the owner, Shona, very considerate and easy to deal with and we had a warm welcome from Mary, the housekeeper, on arrival, with a comprehensive tour of the many facilities. Downstairs is well planned and practical as well as being tastefully comfortable and very, very spacious! Upstairs, is simply luxurious!
We ate well and drank a little! We walked, we climbed and we all had the best time.
We'll be back!

26 Feb 2018
Thank you so much for your gorgeous review of your stay at Balgedie House, Ian! I am so pleased it worked so well for you all - big and small - four legs and two! We loved having you all and would be delighted to welcome you back again soon! Please do keep in touch! Best, Shona
Reviewed 17 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018
person found this review helpful

1 Mar 2018
Ruth, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Thank you too for recommending us to others, it's much appreciated. I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again! Plans are afoot for an outside games room for the kids soon too, so next time there will be even more for them to explore and enjoy!! Best, Shona
nicoles83...
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Fantastic 60th Birthday weekend ”
Reviewed 6 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

If your arriving in day light the house is easy to spot, as it sits high up back from the road, at night time it can be a little harder as it's so dark and the house doesn't have a sign.

The house was very clean, I never noticed any marks on the walls, it was like no one has lived in it. We booked the lodge and it was the same standard.

The welcome hamper had a bottle of processco, 2 beers and a tub of biscuits.
There was essentials in the cupboards, cooking oil, spices, tea bags, coffee and milk. Shona was also able to arrange a 60th ballon for arriving as an additional request.

The house has a wipeable table cloth but if you're arranging a fancy dinner I would recommend taking your own table cloth, (I took 3 standard table clothes) placemats, napkins etc.

I used Loch Levens Larder for the catering and waitress service. I had contacted others before but I found Jay from Loch Levens Larder to be very helpful and they could offer anything I wanted.

We had 13 at the dinner table plus insert, I would say the dinning table and insert would sit 12 comfortably. There is also a breakfast bar with 3 stools.

I hired a singer for the evening, from Freak Music, there was plenty room for one singer and his set up in the corner of the dinning room.

I also booked Mary, the housekeeper, for cleaning up after the party. It was £30 for 2 hours and made such a difference getting up to a clean kitchen. Mary was also available to cook breakfast, but I had already booked the larder.

On Shona's recommendation I had arranged for the birthday girl to get her make up done at The Complete Look, its about a 15 mins drive from the house, they were fantastic and can also come out to do make up for parties.

Oh and if you book, don't forget to take bubble bath, there are two fantastic baths. One free standing and another with a view over the loch.

1 Mar 2018
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely and detailed review of your stay with us. I am so pleased it all worked out so well and your mum enjoyed her special birthday. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back at another time too! Best, Shona
alisonn81...
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Beautiful country home”
Reviewed 30 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

I visited Balgedie House for the first time earlier this month, we had an great gathering of family and friends for an amazing dinner party. Cooking in the such a beautiful well equipped kitchen was a delight. The sitting rooms were so cosy with the wood burning stoves and lovely ensuite bedrooms with stunning views in every direction. The kids were kept occupied by the tv and kids games room they had a ball too. It was a full house and lots of fun and great to escape from the daily grind. Thanks Mary and Shona your friendly and welcoming manner was appreciated and nothing was too much bother. This is an amazing place to stay with lots of things to do near by or great to just relax and enjoy the scenery we hope to be back soon.

1 Mar 2018
Thank you for writing a lovely review of your stay at Balgedie House. I'm so pleased you all enjoyed it all, young and old, and everyone had a great weekend! Please do come back and stay again, we'd love to have you! Best, Shona
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing