“Christmas afternoon tea”

Ranked #1 of 328 Restaurants in Halifax
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 December 2017

This was my first time to Sheridan's tea room (16th Dec) after a recommendation from my mum. We went as a group of 6 girls for our annual Christmas get together.

Well it was fab-u-lous!!!

An absolute steal for what you got. We were offered sandwiches with a choice of ham and mustard, turkey cranberry and seasoning and cream cheese with smoked salmon. The team were accommodating to everyone's needs e.g. no butter or mustard on the side.

It was then onto a choice of fruit or plain scone followed by your choice of cake. The portion sizes did not disappoint.

It was then mince pies served with tea or coffee.

As it was Christmas we took a few bottles of fizz with us after checking it was ok beforehand.

The place is qwerky and cosy and I would suggest booking to avoid disappointment.

Thank you to the team for a lovely afternoon.

Will I be back - absolutely!!!

1  Thank AJ4984

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

Fantastic Christmas lunch! Unexpected in every way! It was all I could ask for. Perfect. Thank you so much for a great experience

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Where to begin!
6 prawn cocktail with a shred of lettuce and press buttered brown bread supposed to be eaten with a cake fork and a coffee spoon. Mediocre!
Main course of a wafer thin slice of Turkey served on a cold plate with a clod over cooked pig in blanket (singular) with a cold dried up stuffing ball. Veg served in cold bowls and Brussels sprouts were served cold. Gravy was brown dish water. Repulsive. Xmas pudding was quite good but the brandy sauce was by name a joke. Read whitish sauce. The mince pies were the highlight of the meal and the coffee was brown rinse. I forgot I was offered the choice of white rose or red shloer fizzy grape juice then got an unasked for 1/3 glass of white thrown in my glass without a please or may. Disgusting value for £19.00 a head and no I will never go back.

4  Thank Martin R
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

‘Sheridan’s Tea Room’ is a lovely cosy, intimate venue (6 tables), and was perfect for Mum’s special 80th birthday treat. We had afternoon tea, which was wonderful, with tasty sandwiches and home made scones and cakes which were just delicious. The staff (Sheridan, the owner, and another lady) were so friendly, and made Mum’s day special by singing happy birthday and presenting her with a birthday card - such a lovely touch, which was very much appreciated. A friend recommended this lovely place to us; we weren’t disappointed and will definitely return. Thank you for a lovely memorable afternoon.

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

We had our daughter's first birthday party here today and Sheridan was wonderful, catered for afternoon tea for thirteen of us (six adults and seven children) everything was fresh and beautiful, especially the banoffee pie! They were extremely acommodating for the guests with allergies, and managed to make a dairy, soya, and nut free chocolate cake for them, which I've been told was wonderful! I would highly recommend giving Sheridan a call and booking a table, we will definitely be back! Thank you for making our little girl's day so special, and thank you for the birthday card too!