Grange Hotel
US$163
US$119
Elton Guest House(Grange-over-Sands)
US$95
All reviewscarriages restaurantwedding venuesauna and steam roomleisure facilitiesbeautiful hotelfront facingroll top bathchristmas breakwedding guestsfour posterwould highly recommend this hotellake districtkipperstrain stationcourse mealan overnight stayevery member of staff
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Just a couple of hundred yards from Grange over Sands station this charming country house hotel certainly lives up to the reviews. All public rooms are immaculate with plenty of places to sit and chill. There's a pool,spa, sauna & steam as well but it's only small. If there is any fitness gear I didn't see it.
The bedrooms are spotless with everything expected as are the bathrooms. The dining room was extremely busy one night and we expected a long wait but the staff are to be congratulated in dealing effectively with the situation. The food was outstanding in all aspects, presentation, choice and wonderful flavours. The drinks were not over priced either. All the staff I encountered seemed to genuinely want to ensure guests satisfaction and in this they definitely succeeded.
Well done the Grange!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2018

The first impression is that this is a well maintained hotel; the decoration was in good repair, clean and appeared to have been recently carried out. We went in the cold period in March but despite our fears it was warm throughout. Our package was half board with a 5 course meal on both nights. The food was delicious and served by well trained friendly waiters.
Our room overlooked Morecambe Bay and though on the small side was comfortable and warm. The downside was that the bathroom was heated to a very high level 24 hours a day and did not appear to have any controls. The toilet seat would not stay in the upright position so had to be held up by male guests when the toilet was being used. Like most British hotels there was no refrigerator. safe. air conditioning or double glazing. This latter facility would not have been a problem except when one of wanted to watch television in the only chair in the room, the only place possible was next to the window and cold air dropped down on your legs and was uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel have a good view of Morecambe Bay
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

My mother and friend booked a short break here, I arranged to meet with mother and she invited us to dinner which she arranged with the hotel. On arriving we had tea and coffee and sat in comfortably surroundings. Nice to see the menu changes daily (some of these “deals” you can get stuck) Daniel was mortified when my husband asked for his steak well done, haha. Anyway the meal was lovely and staff attentive however kitchen were busy so it did delay service. This wouldn’t have bothered me if I was staying but had to drive home. Would highly recommend as from what I saw everyone seemed happy. Slight drawback we had the same amount of veg for 4 as those in couples which could be addressed.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2018

Stayed at Grange Hotel for one night dinner bed and breakfast. Arrived late afternoon and were welcomed warmly by reception staff.

Our room was at the front and overlooked Morecambe Bay through the trees and beyond the fountain at the front of the hotel. The double bed seemed to be super king size and was the largest I had ever slept in.

The room was well decorated, clean and had some marvellous coving of a style that made me think of Agatha Christie. It was a pleasant change to stay in a hotel room that was well kept and the carpet was plush.

The ensuite had an over the bath shower and this was the focus of my only complaint. It was difficult to control the temperature and the flow rate independently. But I somehow managed.

Dinner was in the well appointed restaurant area. It was five courses plus an amuse bouche! The walk in price for this would have been £39 if my memory serves me well. It was worth it. We took our tea/coffee in the bar area where the seating was more relaxing. My filet steak, supplement payable, was amongst the best I had ever been served.

Breakfast was also good and mainly buffet style. If you required any eggs, other than scrambled, they were cooked to order. I’m sure no one would be disappointed with the variety of items on offer.

Every member of staff that we came in contact with were polite, friendlly and leant over backwards to help.

I think this is the best UK hotel I have stayed in. We shall return at some time in the future.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2018

If there were a superlative of superb than such a word would aptly describe this hotel. Situated in a perfect position overlooking Morecambe bay, this hotel oozes class and high quality and the warmth of the welcome we received on arrival set the tone for the remainder of our stay
Our "room" was , in fact, a suite, bedroom, sitting room (both with tv sets) and bathroom. The hospitality tray was well stocked when we arrived and refilled each day of our stay
The evening meal -in a candlelit dining room, was excellent. The staff were clearly well trained in all aspects of restaurant work and the quality of the food served was outstanding. This was also the case when we had breakfast, a wide variety of food to suit all tastes and the poached smoked haddock with poached egg deserved 6 out of 5 stars
As one television series asks visitors "Would you comeback here again?", there is a simple answer try to stop us!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Bay
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family