“Poor food”
Review of Chiquito - CLOSED

Chiquito
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: ¡Hola amigos! Being the UK's biggest and most loved Tex-Mex restaurant, we know a thing or two about good food and drink. Our range of Mexican and Tex-Mex dishes have been making mouths water for over 25 years - from mild to wild, we've got every flavour! If you're in the mood for sizzling fajitas, bursting burritos, or tender fall-off-the-bone ribs, you've come to the right place. For those who fancy a lighter bite we have a brunch menu and a selection of desserts for your sweet tooth. We offer a gluten free menu too so anyone can enjoy dining out with friends. Our drinks will quench the greatest of thirsts - simply pop in try one of our famous margaritas. After all it's 5pm somewhere, right? See you soon, or as they say in Mexico, ¡hasta luego!
Reviewed 21 August 2021 via mobile

Food was horrendous. We used to love Chiquita s at teeside park but this wasn’t good at all. Started off with nachos which were ok. Main course fajitas and chicken. Just really poor quality! So disappointed. Staff were lovely though on the plus side.

Date of visit: August 2021

Reviewed 2 August 2021 via mobile

Great Visit staff where fantastic friendly as alway. Food was fantastic and great to be back ..
staff even remembered us after all the lock downs
Well worth the visit

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 30 July 2021 via mobile

We had a wonderful meal and drinks all served by Rhi May who gave wonderful service and was friendly and attentive the whole evening! We will definitely be back!

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 24 July 2021

Really enjoyed the experience from start to finish. Always consistent, really tasty food and a great range of cocktails.
Service from Sooz was really good, she went above and beyond with a smile at all times. She recommended a meal which we went for and was spot on! People are quick to give negative feedback but don’t give positive feedback often enough. Thanks Sooz, thanks Chiquitos.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 17 July 2021 via mobile

I visited for lunch on a solo shopping trip to Newcastle.
I was seated and had to ask for the lunch menu as I wasn’t offered it, I was asked for my order to which I replied could I have a few more minutes to choose but the very eager server man returned in around 50 seconds (literally) I ordered a veggie chilli burrito from the lunch menu and was slightly disappointed as it looked toasted which is slightly unusual but having learnt a long time ago to investigate my food in restaurants I began to pull the filling out with my fork to find several pieces of chicken…. I showed my server and proceeded to walk out (I hadn’t ordered anything else to pay for) stopping briefly at the front to explain my situation to the blonde girl at front who didn’t seem bothered in the slightest…

Date of visit: June 2021