“Horrific”
Review of The Maiden Motel

The Maiden Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gateshead
The Maiden Motel
Ranked #10 of 10 Gateshead B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 April 2015

Thought to book here as it was cheap. However the place is horrific. I would rather stay at a premier inn or travelogue than here. Music was shaking the bell until early hours. People outside screaming and fighting.

Would not advise anyone to stay here!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 September 2014 via mobile

I don't even know where to start!! Well thought we would have a girls weekend in Newcastle, booked the hotel through late rooms, looked good on the website....we had to check it was the right hotel when we got their! And to our disappointment it was! So go to check in, we got told we could pay by card but the woman said no cash only, so we then get our keys and get told to go round the back of the pub and to go up stairs where the rooms were, their was a horrid Smell as you went up the stairs, also at night theirs no lights so your basically walking up a high set of stairs in the dark! My sister nearly fell down them (and that was her sober) finally got to the rooms was extremely disappointed, very bland rooms, their was a kettle but no cups or coffee ect... No toilet roll!! One towel for the full weekend! Then we go ask for the WiFi password.....the woman didn't know it!!! We had to wait for the boss to come back! Asked where the local shops are....Oh I don't know! Much use as a wasp! Joke of a place! Also says it's near the city centre, very local....pahaa! Will never be back...con artists aswell! Highly recommend paying a bit extra for somewhere decent!

• Stayed: September 2014
5  Thank bex03
Reviewed 28 September 2014

we had two rooms booked in one room the bathroom light was filled with bugs......the lights on the stairs didnt work so come night time you were having too feel your way up and down them the staff werent very helpful the hotel wasnt anything like what it was advertised on the bookings.com site we were told we could pay by card when we phoned the hotel then on arrival we were told it had to be cash defo wont ever book there again

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christina D
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Went there because it was cheap. But for gods sake I really felt like I would have paid extra hundreds for a hotel rather than staying there. Bugs were everywhere. Walls, doors. Hair on bed sheets and pillows. Bathroom was clean but for rail or cover. Floor was dirty. Noisy until 12pm. Mattresses were really doggy and feel the springs right to your back. Please please please. Stay away from this place. I guarantee if you choose this you will suffer that night.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Checked in.
Caught something terrible.
Checked straight out.
Lesson learnt - do not let idiots book your hotel for you.
In short, I am a dirty, filthy scumbag and I wont even stay here. No offence!!
My mate Melvin said it's so bad he wouldn't put a dead dog in the room. I think someone already has.

• Stayed: August 2014