US$76
US$93
US$88
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Newcastle Gateshead Quays(Gateshead)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$57
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$64/night.

Beamish Park Hotel(Marley Hill)
US$78
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$87/night.

Eslington Villa(Gateshead)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$93
US$90
Travelocity
Premier Inn Newcastle - Team Valley(Gateshead)(Great Value!)
US$72
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Durham House Hotel(Gateshead)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$46
  • Breakfast included
US$39
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 July 2015

AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID.

This place is horrible, and should be avoided at all costs:

*There is no shower attached to the wall, so you have to hold it in your hand!
*There are holes in the wall where there used to be a mirror (I'm assuming).
*The bed is super lumpy, you can feel the springs.
*The sheets are stained.
*The bed is stained (it's a divan).
*There is a kettle, and tea bags, but no coffee and empty sugar packets.
*It's above a pub where the music plays all night.
*Two towels for the entire stay.

I genuinely would never stay here again, even if it was free. We raised points with manager who seemed shocked. He admitted that the place is normally used by contractors. For £50 a night, I'd expect a lot more.

You also have to pay cash on arrival before you get your keys, I'm assuming so that you can't ask for a refund.

Just awful.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank AFrance2015
Reviewed 12 June 2015

I stayed the weekend of the 5th June for two nights. We were a group of 8 19/20 year olds in Newcastle for a birthday (note this motel is just outside of Newcastle but its only £10 taxi to the centre).
I'm not going to lie and lead on that this place is the best place I've ever stayed but for us it did the job. They have four rooms (we occupied three) upstairs from the pub. The entrance is round the back but even though some of the reviews say its dodgy, I wouldn't say so. The first night the fourth room was unoccupied so we had the place to ourselves.
The rooms are basic but that's all we needed. The only cleanliness fault I found was one of the mugs clearly hadn't been washed as it was clarted in the previous drinker's lipstick. There are a lot of maintenance issues but they were more aesthetical than anything that could harm you. The wifi is free which is a bonus.
I stayed in room 3 with a friend. This is the room with three singles instead of a double and a single. It is also the only room missing an en suite but the bathroom is in the corridor. This wasn't a problem for us as we were a big group. Note: The shower heads DON'T have holders so you have a bit of fun and games trying to hold it up, shower and not soak the bathroom at the same time.
The staff were absolutely lovely and helpful at helping us finding taxis/Chinese/cash machines etc. On our first night we went down to the bar for a few drinks and we even got a free round since it was our friends birthday. The locals were a mix of lovely and odd.
Tip: Bring cash to pay for your room as they don't take card (they do take Scottish notes!) Check out is 10am but I think by the time we all left it was more 11am and the housekeeper didn't seem too fussed.

This is a basic place that's good if you're up for a night out. If you're a family or looking for a nice cosy hotel I probably wouldn't recommend it but perfect for non fussy people looking for a place to crash.

Room Tip: Room 3 has 3 single beds but no en suite. Room 4 is directly above the pub. Room 2 has the biggest TV. Room 1 is closest to the Exit.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fiona M
Reviewed 27 May 2015

CHECK ALL REVIEWS ON THIS PLACE BEFORE BOOKING! I reserved a room for 2 nights through laterooms.com. You couldn't pay for the room by card, you could only reserve the room by card and had to pay cash when you got there (alarm bells). I gave laterooms 6 days notice I wanted to cancel and despite many emails, phone calls, messages left at reception and voicemails to Managers mobile, all were ignored! Now all of a sudden, as soon as my scheduled booking has come and gone, all of a sudden the Manager coincidentally responds and insists on charging me. Amazing how ALL correspondence was ignored prior to this! It's also amazing how you can't pay for the room by card but they can take the money from your card if you try and cancel. You can no longer book this motel via laterooms or booking.com (more alarm bells). If this place is still trading (which would totally amaze me), a call to the IR and VAT Office will be my next point of call once I have dealt with them through the Travel Ombudsmen and then the police if I have to! Couldn't run a bath let alone a motel. Only giving this 1 star as it is compulsory to give at least 1.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Stephen G
Reviewed 9 May 2015 via mobile

Came here for a weekend with my friends and I've never been to Newcastle before so was abit unsure of what to expect. The pictures on here look ok but not amazing but we decided to book anyways considring of the price! We arrived there and was greeted by a women which was very rude, didn't even say welcome just said you owe us the money because you can't pay by card has to be in cash, which isn't advised!! She explained that we had to walk all the way around the back and up some stairs to our room. She didn't even show us or take us to are room, which was really rude. (When we booked it said we had a private bathroom) and when we got there it was a shared one, which we had to go into town and buy are own toilet paper!!! As there was none!. The music from the pub was banging and people in other rooms banging on our door asking us if we have any beer. It was terrifying as we are just young girls, wouldn't advise anybody to stay here unless desperate. Also it was filthy !!, only had 1 mirror, no plugs & a kettle which had nothing provided with it. Would not stay here again!!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Char123455
Reviewed 23 April 2015

Thought to book here as it was cheap. However the place is horrific. I would rather stay at a premier inn or travelogue than here. Music was shaking the bell until early hours. People outside screaming and fighting.

Would not advise anyone to stay here!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple