“Disappointed”

Frankie & Benny's
Ranked #127 of 301 Restaurants in Gateshead
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Frankie & Benny's serves up the best of New York Italian cuisine to offer you big flavours and massive choice. Whether you fancy a juicy chicken burger or an Italian classic, we've got something for everyone! We've been a much loved restaurant for over 20 years and offer families a place to go for a fun, comforting meal where you can enjoy some well-deserved, chilled-out family time. We cater for all needs with a huge gluten free menu, a wide offering of vegetarian dishes and host of healthier, lighter bites. So try one of our mouth-watering Freakshakes or grab a beer with friends and enjoy a home-from-home meal with us - see you soon!
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Whenever we come to London we always visit this restaurant the food has always been excellent along with the service well, on this occasion this was not the case the food was tepid the service was slow when I asked if my food could be heated up yes it was done but also was the salad even the kids left their chips they were dry and hard .Will not be visiting this establishment again so disappointed

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

My fiancé and I came here yesterday after walking out of TGI’s, and we were not disappointed! We were served by Paddy and his service was absolutely fantastic. Polite, looked after us and just an all round lovely lad! Food was great, we had the chicken wing sharer for starters (could not recommend enough!!) and then my partner had an ‘all American burger’ (I think that’s what it was called) which he LOVED, and I had a basic beef burger with spicy cheese sauce. Both were lovely. Was nice to see amazing service even though it was a bank holiday and busy. We’ll be back for sure!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Went here today with my other half for lunch.. a very unhappy looking man showed us to our table, looked thru the menu and decided what we wanted, not at 1 point did anyone ask if we’d like a drink. I was just about to walk out and leave when the waiter finally came to the table, he asked what food we wanted and I had to ask him for drinks... I would understand if it was busy but it wasn’t.. anyway ordered spaghetti carbonara and my fella went for the lasagna, spaghetti carbonara had no taste, neither did my fellas lasagna, it looked like slop! Won’t be returning due to the ignorant staff and bland tasting food.. waste of money.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank L1lash
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Visited with my sister-in-law and my nieces and nephew.

The food looked good and was presented okay, though not sure of the rustic unmatching crockery. One of my nieces had her chicken and garlic bread served in a mess tin similar to what I used to cook my breakfast in when I was a girl guide and my nephew's chicken skewers were served in a ceramic mug on a plate. My other niece had her meatball spaghetti in a dish on another plate with a cute little pot of salad, however mine was merely thrown on a plate with no thought of presentation at all (burger and fries - it would have looked so much better if the fries were in a dish/basket on the plate).

Save for the spaghetti we all did enjoy what we had, and the desserts were particularly good though a fork (as well as a spoon) would have assisted with my cinnamon waffle.

Very reasonable in price £40.20 for all of us including dessert and drinks.

Will most likely visit again to try the chicken barbecue pizza (my sister-in-law enjoyed it).

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 10 February 2018

After travelling we arrived early looking for breakfast. I have a gluten intolerance which is always difficult and the restaurant opposite offered me a choice of omelette , omelette or omelette (without bread). After inquiring initially at F&B's Intu we were warmly greeted , offered a gluten free menu. i inquired about eggs benedict which was not suitable however another member of staff joined our helpful waiter and offered to cook me salmon and eggs with a choice of gluten free bread or bun as a close alternative. Friendly , helpful and delicious .......cant recommend enough !

Date of visit: February 2018