All reviews huge portions bit off the beaten track lamb shank sunday lunch sat nav pub food main meal chef's specials bit out of the way excellent shower lovely hotel plenty of parking visiting family piping hot few drinks full english lots of choice
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve stopped here many times for business and with my wife for a week. The rooms have recently been decorated and are lovely. The location is quiet and peaceful but is a bit off the beaten track. The food is fantastic and the choice on the menu is brilliant. The mussels are to die for. Highly recommend for a peaceful night after a good feed. The staff have been brilliant and always willing to help. 5 stars from me. Keep up the good work to all the staff.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2018

We stayed here after a visit to Beamish. what an amazing find... We were truly amazed at this fab hotel when we checked in... the room was something else and when we thought it couldn't get any better we had our meal.... so after perusing the large extensive menu we chose and ate,,....... words fail me,, Fab-u - lous. Breakfast again didn't let us down, On checking out we have rebooked,Thank you to all at Bowes Incline

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2018

I was visiting family and going to the Sunderland Air Show, so most of the usual hotels I use were booked. I chose Bowes Incline Hotel on a whim because it was available. This turned out to be the best decision I have ever made. I would just check the location on a map before you set out as our sat nav sent us off into an estate where you can see the hotel but cannot get access to it.

The rooms looked as though there had been a recent refurbishment and were very clean and comfortable. A massive shower, plenty of towels, a comfy bed and a good supply of tea, coffee and milk (extra brownie points for plenty of milk). The only negative was no air con in this oppressive heat we're currently having. However, here you can actually fully open the windows.

The evening meal in the restaurant was good. Despite being told it would be a 40 minute wait, it wasn't. The only criticism were our chips, despite tasting great, they were incredibly soft and soggy.

Breakfast was plentiful,help yourself to cereal etc and a hot breakfast cooked to order.

All in all a thoroughly enjoyable stay and in fact I will be returning here for my future visits.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Great hospitality, well appointed room, very comfortable bed, brilliant friendly bartender, great farm style restaurant, checking out was very sad because the place felt like home away home. We will be back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I had my sister& brother in law staying for the weekend. They wanted to take up out for Sunday lunch. We suggested The Bowes Incline as we visit a few times a year. Well it was lovely and can I say the thing I love about this place is you get HOT plates and that always gets a big plus from me. We ordered 2 roast beef , a lamb and I had the turkey. Well from ordering it was served with 5 mns. We were there for midday. Hot & tasty was everyone’s comment. So again 10/10 staff were very helpful too. Smile more behind the bar if I have to be picky.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family