US$223
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$238
US$168
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$230/night.

The Old Ferry Inn(Fowey)(Great Value!)
US$146
  • Breakfast included
Penhale Caravan and Camping Park(Fowey)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$25
Pitchup.com
1,494 results
All reviewsgin barsea viewparking spaceantique lifttraditional hotelrichardson grouprichardson hotelslovely hotelpublic roomsfour poster bedstandard roomshort breakdining roomper nightcar parkfowey estuarylovely break
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Decided to add an extra night onto our holiday in Cornwall and what a great way to spend it, in the beautiful Fowey.

First of all the lift in this hotel is amazing! The hotel is located in a fabulous spot in Fowey with wonderful views of the estuary and out to sea.
This is a really beautiful hotel, the staff were very attentive, the room was comfortable with a lovely sea view and very spacious & clean. Large fluffy towels and luxury toiletries were provided.

There was a large selection to choose from at breakfast and cooked to perfection. Parking at the hotel was available (£10 extra) which is a huge bonus in Fowey.

A last minute decision but a great one. Would highly recommend this hotel and cannot wait to return.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Lindsey B, General Manager at The Fowey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Chapman1,

Thank you for your review.

Your feedback is genuinely appreciated.

I am very proud of the staff at Fowey and I will be sure to share your comments with them all.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.
If myself or one of the team can be of any assistance toy please do not hesitatae to contact us on 01726 832551 option 0.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went here for Sunday lunch on 10th June.I am happy to report that the food, surroundings and service were very good.
Because it was lunchtime we decided not to have a bottle of wine but instead, each a glass of house wine. She wanted white and was told it was a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc; I wanted red and was told it would be a Pinot Noir. We said we wouldhave large glasses (250 mg). Our respective glasses arrived and were very good.
When the bill arrived I was a bit shocked to see that the red was £13 and the white £11. Any reader of this might feel it was principally our fault in not asking the price before ordering. I would agree up to a point but I still think we should have been warned. I have never paid as much as this for individual glasses in my life. Putting matters into context, the set menu was only £14 for two courses!
Would we eat at the Fowey Hotel again? Definitely. But next time I would ask to see the wine menu!

2  Thank graham196
Lindsey B, General Manager at The Fowey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear graham196,

Thank you for your review. Apologies for the delay in responding to you. I wanted to discuss your feedback with our food and beverage team. From the information I have received it would seem after ordering your house wine the 'New Zealand, Sauvignon Blanc' was offered as this would be the next wine by the glass as a favourite (as with the red) but it does come at a higher cost. I can only apologise this was not made clear or communicated effectively for you and as mentioned I have discussed your feedback in full with the team so as to avoid this happening again. I am pleased you enjoyed your lunch and that we will hopefully see you again for another visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is simply a gem. The style is traditional but definitely not stuffy and fits the building beautifully, even down to the old style lift in the reception area. We paid the extra for the sea facing room which was most definitely worth it. The room was very well fitted out with a very comfortable large bed, flat screen tv and bathroom with jacuzzi bath and shower however, the best feature was the amazing view overlooking the water and Polruan on the opposite coast. Who needs a tv when you can have a cuppa with the curtains open looking at that level of scenery?

As we were there for a family wedding we also had the advantage of tasting a large selection of the food available and all credit to the kitchen team as all of it was exceptional. From the formal post wedding dinner to the evening buffet, the attention to detail was excellent and the food was very tasty. It was refreshing to see that the hotel also stocked may local drinks from a selection of local Skinners ale to locally produced gins which makes a welcome change to the selection of national brands normally found.

By far the though, the best part of the break was the welcome, friendliness and dedication of all the hotel staff. It would be great to mention individuals but it simply would not be fair as all were exceptional. The Hotel is about to be/or recently changed ownership to Harbour Hotels and my recommendation to the new owners is, please keep them all and look after them as you have not only bought a beautiful hotel but have also gained a fantastic and dedicated team who are an asset to your business!!!

Thank you for a most memorable weekend.

Dear Rich B,

Thank you for your review.

It is greatly appreciated that you have taken the time to feedback your comments.
We are so pleased you enjoyed your experience with us and I will be sure to share your comments with the whole team.
Our local offering is hugely important to us and we are delighted you enjoyed it.

We are all excited for the future and ALL the team will look forward to seeing you upon a return visit.
If myself or one of the team can be of assistance to you please contact us on 01726 832551 option 0.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Just had a 2 night stay here (Spring offer..with Dinner & Breakfast). Good room with terrace, awesome views. All the staff were very friendly, food was superb, beds were comfortable. Loved the history (famous guests) of the hotel. Fab Gin Bar, lots of choice, with that view! 1st visit to Fowey, definitely not the last, loved it.

Dear kayandy,

Thank you for your review.

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

It is so lovely to read that you will be back. If myself or one of the team can be of any assistance to you please contact us on 01726 832551 option 0.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Just arrived home after another wonderful stay at this gorgeous hotel. Pure relaxation, fantastic staff and wonderful dining make this our perfect UK holiday destination.
This was our second stay at The Fowey in 12 months, so must be good. We spent 6 nights this last week staying in The Rebecca Suite, room 102. The room is so comfortable, having its own private terrace with stunning views overlooking the Fowey estuary and Polruan beyond. It has an extremely comfortable 4 poster bed, spotlessly clean bathroom and good range of tea/ coffee products.
We enjoyed the delicious cooked breakfasts in the hotel and dined in for 3 evenings, as part of the spring deal. The food and service were truly excellent.
We also spent many happy hours enjoying a Gin and Tonic, whilst chilling on the gorgeous hotel veranda. This hotel has the best views in Cornwall, made even more perfect by the fantastic weather we had this week. Glorious ! Must say, the hotel also has the best cream teas ever! Simply delicious! Also love the bar snacks.
The hotel is close to the jetty where the Mevagissey ferry departs, giving you a couple of hours in this lovely fishing village.
We enjoyed wandering into Fowey after dinner each evening. Only a 5 minute, reasonably flat/ easy walk with a lovely range of shops, pubs and restaurants.
We had car parking on site, which is a must.
Heard that the hotel has recently been bought by another hotel chain. Please ensure the hotel retains it’s wonderful charm and lovely facilities, we love it.
Look forward to a return visit very soon!
Thanks so much to the wonderful staff at this Cornish Gem, you made our much awaited holiday perfect! Can’t wait for next time.

1  Thank WestEndG

Dear WestEndG,

Thank you for your review.
It is genuinely appreciated the time taken to give your feedback and we extremely grateful.
I know the team will be delighted with your comments.
All departments continuously work towards a better experience for our guests and I hope on your next visit you will see a this. We llok forward to welcoming you again.

Kid regards,