“Nice Quirky Pub”

Ranked #9 of 55 Restaurants in Egham
Price range: US$13 - US$28
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: It���s hard to believe that Bar 163 has been in Egham since 1984. More than twenty years on, 163 looks and feels as fresh as ever and continues to attract a varied crowd of young and not so young, professionals and students alike. Originally a bar with food the menu has become so popular over the years that we can safely call Bar 163 a restaurant ��� the Mediterranean inspired dishes have a real taste of summer, exactly what you���ll be after if you find yourself lucky enough to nab a table in the relaxing secret garden. But despite the food the relaxed, lively bar vibe remains, making this Egham���s most well loved venue.
Reviewed 23 January 2018

This is a really nice find in the Egham High Street. It's a really cool little pub and restaurant. An awesome menu and very friendly staff. Had a great afternoon and will be back for more.

rich163Egham, Owner at Bar 163, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Lovely to hear, glad you found us, and that you had a really good experience by the sound of it.
Thanks for the review.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

I celebrated my 30th birthday here and used the area upstairs exclusively. I wanted an event that was not just a dinner party and had arranged a cocktail dinner evening - Jane was excellent when discussing plans to suggest a table set up that would allow people to mingle between courses. When I arrived to set up on Saturday afternoon, the room had been beautifully prepared and Izzy was absolutely fabulous the whole night, sorting anything that was needed. The whole team worked so hard and I had an amazing night - everyone was saying how beautiful the venue was and how good the food was. The perfect birthday experience. Thank you team 163!!!

rich163Egham, Owner at Bar 163, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

I'm really pleased that it all went so well, I know the restaurant was also full downstairs on that nigh, so all credit to the team for keeping it together, also a big thanks to you for coming, and for the fantastic review.
Happy Birthday.

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

I just cannot deny the appeal of this coffee shop come restaurant. It is my default location for before/during/after shopping and also just as a break from other activities. The ambience ( too pompous ? ) keeps drawing me back.

rich163Egham, Owner at Bar 163, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2018

Well, you've got me there...great that you seem to like it, not sure where the pomposity comes from though, don't think we could get more down to earth, maybe it was something I said??
Thanks for the feedback anyway, even though it's left me a little confused.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

They have Peroni, candles and a wonderful ambience but the service is never that amazing and the prices are on par with London!

They are not very family friendly (babies and buggies).

Could be amazing.

Aquolina has got it right.

rich163, Owner at Bar 163, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Pleased that you like some of what we do, not sure about your comparison to London prices though, the average price of a main course is £13.65 with several under £11.00, so not sure there are many independent London restaurants offering that level of value.
We don't aim for lowest price however, just good value based on the cost of fresh produce and five chefs preparing everything themselves, on the whole I think we are fair in our pricing.
As for families, we get plenty in who seem happy with what we offer, but there is a limit to how many buggies a smallish restaurant can accommodate yet still operate safely and efficiently, we try our best though to be welcoming.
Obviously not as welcoming as some....
Thnaks for the feedback

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Very good service, excellent quality food. And above all fantastic ambiance. We had a variety of dishes and everyone enjoyed the meals. The bill for 4 adults and 2 children was good value in consideration of the quality and service.

rich163, Owner at Bar 163, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Can't ask for a better review than that, thanks very much, really pleased that you all had sych a good time.
Nice to hear that we appear to be very family friendly, some people just don't see it that way...(please see other review from today) can't please everyone I suppose.
Hope you mage to make it back again someday.