“Excellent food and service but amenities need updating” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Savill Court Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Egham
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service but amenities need updating”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Savill Court-sounds very elegant doesn't it! Well to be honest my weekend break there was fab, but mainly due to the company I had rather than the hotel itself. The check-in was without any issues however the room itself was a bit lack-luster, the furnishings were a bit dated and that also goes for the sauna/steam room/jacuzzi/pool-it reminded me a bit of a lesiure centre rather than a four star hotel. The changing rooms and reception area have clearly had a larger budget as they were fab. The sauna and steam room were a bit small. However i have to say that I was very very pleased with my treatments (facial and body exfoliation)-the staff and the treatments themselves were delightful!

I must say the food was exquisite, with large portions and the superb presentation of the food I was really impressed that this was part of the package. However I must say the dining area reminded me of a dated Harvester restaurant. Funnily enough the bar area was very grand with a huge fireplace and was much better than the dining area.

I would go back but it wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ops_Savillcourt, Guest Relations Manager at Savill Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Dear Caroline A82

Thank you for your kind comments regarding service and spa treatments and the high quality of our food, we will certainly take onboard your feedback regarding the presentation of the restaurant and amenities; we have an ongoing programme of upgrading and refurbishment.
We hope to welcome you again soon.

Guest Services.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Bushey, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

The room we had was very small with a small side window which overlooked nice gardens. The grounds looked lovely but the corridor from the lift smelt a little damp. The walls were very thin and you could hear either side walking around in their rooms as well as the maid hoovering outside our door in the afternoon and again at 10am. We were asked to be quiet when we were only chatting didnt even have the tv on loud just listening to music on our iphone.
The spa area was the best part really, nice steam room and sauna, pool a little cold but jacuzzi nice. Plently of towels and loungers to relax.
The bar and restaurant was a little pricey and lacked atmosphere, was like a function room divided up with basic chairs and tables.
We had breakfast included with our room but it wasnt great either.
On leaving we were questioned about our room tab and asked to confim each receipt not somthing you want to do in front of others checking out, we should have just been asked to read and confirm each one rather than be read out each 3 receipts.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Lianenicole,

Thank you for your review, we are dissapointed that you did not enjoy your stay.
We do ask residents to be mindful of neighbouring guests when playing music as we aim to offer the best experience to every guest.
We do hope you will try us again in the future, please contact me directly at the hotel and I will make a reservation for you personally.

Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

I contacted the Hotel regarding a corporate booking which I required to make for approx 20 people. It would have been for an overnight stay and away day event the following day. I received the information and was very impressed with the speed in which my requirements were met via email. Having spoken to the reservation staff I agreed that we would defintely go ahead with the booking. I waited a couple of days for the promised contract which did not appear in my inbox and as time was passing before the actual event I decided to phone the hotel to request the contract, I was told by a member of staff that it was a busy time of year and a contract would be forthcoming within the week. I then sent an email to confirm my booking just to safeguard myself as this was my first event for my new role and I wanted things to go according to plan. On the Monday of the following week I was away from the office but on returning on the Tuesday had received a message to say that the Hotel were unable to honour my booking as another corporate booking had decided to extend their stay. This was a week after my written confirmation of our booking and also my call to the reservation staff to confirm. When I called the Hotel I was told they could offer me a sister hotel at an extra cost of £20 per person. As I was working on a budget this was not possible. Also all the detail had been sent to the Board members - some which were travelling from Europe and had booked their travel. As mentioned previously by other reviewers - the reservation staff need to be tutored in customer care skills. I never received an apology and the feeling I got was I should 'take it or leave it'. I do not find this acceptable. As luck would have it I found another hotel 'The Royal Berkshire Hotel' who were absolutely fabulous and arranged my event within less than two weeks. I would not use this hotel or another in it's group again.

Room Tip: Don't bother as the room may not be available when you get there
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Gaddicles
northamptonshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

You know those old school reports you used to get - could do better! I feel this sums up the Savill Court hotel. The grounds are beautiful as you approach the Hotel but there is something lacking in the rooms , bar and Restaurant. It needs more warmth with side lamps and pictures. There also seems to be a problem with the heating. The swimming pool area was great but again could do with better lighting in the seating area. Overall a good stay in a beautiful part of the Country.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank honestduo
Dear Honestduo,
Thank you for your feedback, we are delighted that you had an overall good experience and we will take on board your comments regarding the restaurant and bar.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

ESSEX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

We booked this stay for a weekend break with some friends, After a wonderful weekend stay i felt that i must write this review, lets begin, checking in was a breeze with the most helpful & polite staff you could wish to meet, the room was immaculate & well appointed with lovely views of the gardens, the room service was as good as it gets, the restaurant food was fantastic both for the evening meal & the breakfast, the swimming pool, sauna & steam room where excellent as was the whirlpool spa, the staff are very attentative and nothing seems to be to much trouble, this was our second weekend stay at this hotel but will not be our last, well done keep up the good work.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Kye Kye,
Thank you for your feedback and your very kind comments regarding our service standards and service team, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Guest Services.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Egham
3.1 km away
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,443 reviews

Been to Savill Court Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!