“Thank you so much”

Price range: US$24 - US$42
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: View
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Lock Bar & Kitchen located on the banks of the River Thames right beside the 'Bell Weir Lock' offers a sense of occasion without pretence, in a relaxed and informal setting, perfect to enjoy with friends and family. Expect home style cooking with dishes that are well known and loved; nothing fussy or complicated, just straightforward hearty dishes, prepared daily from the highest quality, fresh ingredients. The menu changes regularly to reflect the tastiest seasonal produce available with daily specials featured on the blackboard. Alongside the regular menu, every Sunday lunch the restaurant will be offering three courses for £25 which includes a starter and dessert and the roast of the day!*
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Now the children have grown up, my wife and I are starting to explore 'the outside world's a bit more.

As a change from our more usual type of dining location, pubs, carverys, Harvester's etc, I decided to try something new, and booked a surprise meal out for us at the Lock Bar and Kitchen restaurant, at the Runnymede Hotel.

Pulled into the car park and it was full of Mercs, Porsches, etc so started to wonder if this was such a wide choice.

As soon as we walked in we were met with a warm and friendly greeting, and shown to our reserved table. Lots of people dining, that looked a lot more used to this kind of setting, so the feelings of a little out of place surfaced again.

Service though was excellent. Very polite, felt like we were guests just the same as any other. The menu, very good. Not over cluttered, just something that would suit most people's taste buds. Food was presented very well and tasted as good as it looked. What really made a difference was that we were not constantly interrupted by someone asking if everything was okay with the food, and the fact that in spite of the restaurant being busy, we did not feel that we had to talk above everyone else, just to be heard. A very enjoyable experience.

Thank you for looking after us. Looking forward to returning.

1  Thank Tony H
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Lock Bar and Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Thank you for your amazing review of the Lock Bar and Kitchen at the runnymede-on-thames and I am thrilled to hear that we contributed to make your surprise dining experience for your wife really special. I am glad you found the atmosphere enjoyable, the greeting on arrival warm and friendly and the service excellent all throughout. I am also pleased you felt really well looked after and received a very polite service without it being intrusive. Thank you for complimenting us.
We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back again.
Resident/Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 17 February 2018

The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere with nice garden views over the river. All of our party had the fish of the day which was absolutely delicious - cannot fault the food, and the fish comes with two sides of your choice. We also had a different dessert each, all of which were lovely and enjoyed by all. The presentation of the food is great and there is a good choice on the menu but it cannot be denied that it is on the pricey side. So the food is good but at that price I would expect no less.

Thank you for your review of the Lock bar and Kitchen at the Runnymede-on-thames. I am delighted you and your party chose to try the fish of the day with a selection of two sides and found it absolutely delicious, faultless. I am also glad you tasted different desserts and enjoyed them all and were also happy with the presentation of the food as well as the good choice. I am, however, sorry you found us pricey as we regularly conduct market reviews to make sure we remain competitive in the four star hotel market place in this area, but I appreciate this is not your perception. We do have a great Fish on Friday offering at lunchtimes when we can offer selected fish dishes at 50% of the price. We look forward to welcoming you back again, maybe on a Friday.
Resident/ Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We decided to take our friends to The Lock Bar and kitchen as they were celebrating a birthday and we were celebrating our anniversary. We had previously been a few years before and were so impressed.
This time however a MASSIVE disappointment.
The food was just mediocre and the dessert which was churros (I expect to come warm) arrived stone cold with a chocolate pot that was just thick chocolate and cream and not very nice. I asked if the churros should be served warm and the waitress said no. Stunned I asked her to take it away and take it off the menu (which she did) but was not offered an alternative. Then my other half had finished his dessert but our friends had not the waitress just took his plate away whilst everyone else was still eating....not the done thing.
Sorry to say this was a very big let down after we had sung your praises previously. We won’t be coming back and definitely will not be recommending you anytime soon. Left feeling annoyed, let down and disappointed.

1  Thank Darren O
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Lock Bar and Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Thank you for your review of the Lock Bar and Kitchen although I am really sorry that you did not enjoy your visit to us. Your feedback has been passed onto the Restaurant Manager and the Food and Beverage Manager to review the shortcomings you experienced. It is very disappointing that you were not offered the level of service on which the Lock Bar and Kitchen usually pride themselves and also that you found the food mediocre. I do wish you had addressed your concerns to the Restaurant Manager or the Duty Manager at the time as it would have sought to resolve these issues. My most sincere apologies.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

Lovely venue in beautiful surroundings. Food was very good, atmosphere relaxed and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend this restaurant and will visit again in the future.

Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Lock Bar and Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Thank you for your amazing review of the Runnymede-on-Thames and I am delighted that you found the hotel venue lovely and the surroundings beautiful. I am also glad you enjoyed the food offering, the atmosphere and the friendliness and helpfulness of the team. Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to your next visit soon.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

The food was delicious, with a good selection of vegetarian food. Prices were no different from any other restaurant. The service was very good.

Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Lock Bar and Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Thank you for your glowing review of the Runnymede-on-Thames and I am delighted that you enjoyed your meal with us and found the food amazing for the price and the team friendly. I have passed on your great feedback to Ahmed as it is always nice for the team to see how much their efforts are appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.