“just one fault”

Athena Meze Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 116 Restaurants in Chippenham
Price range: US$14 - US$42
Reviewed 3 July 2016

great new restaurant for Chippenham,great food,good atmosphere,attentive staff,it was busy but we were pleased with service and food.My only gripe is that having paid over £12 for swordfish steak it is actually not served with anything! my friend offered me some of her chips as i had a lonely plate of food! why not some chips or just a couple of veg?its too expensive to be served with nothing.apart from that lovely restaurant.

3  Thank Ann T

Reviewed 1 July 2016

As a lover of Greek food we were over the moon to see that a Greek Restaurant has opened in Chippenham.
With 21 years of delighting in authentic Greek food in Rhodes it had a lot to live up to - and it passed with flying colours.
On the first occasion we just selected our own mixed meze from the starters, and on the second occasion we had the fixed meze - both were exemplary.
We are absolutely thrilled to have Athena in Chippenham and are sure to become regulars.
Yamas!

7  Thank Denise0709
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Athena restaurant welcome at Chippenham , went there last week the place was buzzing, Excellent , we felt at home,lovely atmosphere .Everything has been perfect,good wine, good food,great time...The staff are excellent ,friendly and attentive .Food was delicious ,everything was made with good products and fresh! Affordable prices.I will recommend to all my friends! This place will be one of my favourites ,and will comeback soon..

4  Thank Agimii
Reviewed 26 June 2016

This is our second visit and I am sorry to say things have not improved, quite the reverse! The Servers are friendly but the service itself is poor. We were shown to our table with our menus and just left. After 30 minutes I went to the bar to order our drinks after being unable to attract the serving staff attention. Another 30 minutes and we finally ordered our starters, my wife went for the calamari and I had the stuffed aubergine, the mains, my wife ordered the moussaka and I went for the seafood spaghetti. The calamari was over cooked and chewy, the stuffed aubergine was a shrivelled slice of aubergine with cherry tomatoes and feta cheese on top, what was on the slate was tasty but not worth the price we paid. My wife's moussaka had very little meat content and she left half, when we complained it was taken off the bill, my seafood was below average the pasta was cooked perfectly, it came with three prawns and unidentifiable small bits pieces of what, I don't know. We think part of the delay in the restaurant is due to the kitchen having only one person preparing and cooking the food, it does not excuse the waiting staff who seem to disappear quite regularly. The sound level is bad, when full, you have to shout to be heard by your partner due to the hard surfaces. it needs some soft furnishings or acoustic pads.

5  Thank Terry C
Reviewed 17 June 2016

Found this restaurant on a Sunday when visiting the local festival. Great food, great hosts, great price...nothing more to say. Will definitely be going back.

3  Thank pglviews