“Good food”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

W arrived and weren’t sure whether drinks were served at the bar or our table. We choose to sit at our table but no one came to take our drinks order so we ordered at the bar. Same thing happened with our food so again we ordered at the bar. Our order was simple (6 people) but one of our main courses and two desserts were incorrect. The food was extremely good and the pub tables well spaced giving an accommodating feel. Overall we all felt the pub offered excellent good value food but poor service. The gentleman behind the bar was busy and needed better support.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

This was recommended to me last week. I often cycle past The Langley Tap and thought it looked worth a visit, but after hearing that it had changed management and offered rather special Sunday lunches, old Mrs TT and I decided to give it a go. The clocks changed forwards last night and today seemed to herald the end of a dreary winter, so having booked our table on the phone we set off walking. Langley Burrell is only about a mile and a half away from the centre of Chippenham where we live, there could be no better way to work up an appetite than to make our way into ever prettier countryside listening to the birds and enjoying the daffodils.

On arriving we were impressed. The place is clean and bright. The menu for Sunday lunch is as you would expect, with some other main courses in addition to the roasts. I chose the beef and Mrs TT the turkey, and she was well pleased to find that she could order a smaller portion at a reduced price. The food came quickly and it was piping hot and absolutely delicious. How they can get the beef so tender I just don't know, but I couldn't fault it. Veggies too fresh and delicious. Incidentally, they also offer a vegetarian main course. Not having to drive home I had a glass of Sauvignon Blanc followed by a Rioja. Of course they serve the best in real ale too - Wadworths (we'll walk up there one evening soon and have a couple).

Some friends from our local tennis club came in and sat at the next table and I think they enjoyed their meal every bit as much as we did ours. So it was a good, sociable occasion as well as a really enjoyable lunch.

As I said, bright and clean and the same goes for the loos too. Sorry to mention that, but I am sure many readers will agree that it is important.

So all in all a great discovery for us. One very small criticism is that I am not an enthusiast of piped music. Pubs are for company and good conversation. But it wasn't loud or otherwise intrusive. I enjoyed far more hearing two customers at another table discussing their cycling plans. Wiltshire is great cycling country.

The staff were courteous, charming and efficient. Value for money excellent. So thank you Kaileigh and Guy - we shall be coming back and shall recommend you to our friends.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

A lovely warm and friendly welcome. A Friday afternoon in January we chose to stop here for a drink and a rest. The staff were attentive and very smiley. The locals were friendly and created a great atmosphere. The prices were fair and we enjoyed our short time here. Will be returning.

1  Thank Andyd1810
Reviewed 20 February 2018

Lovely place. We stopped for lunch on Friday 16th February. Myhusband had one of "Guys Pies" I had the Chicken Curry. Superb food, the portions more than I was expecting. The wine was lovely, my husband enjoyed his beer. We felt very welcome despite the fact that the pub was busy, the staff were incredibly helpful and answered all our questions. Would have no hesitation in dining here again.

1  Thank Tattyblonde
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Had heard good things and was not disappointed. Had a lovely Sunday lunch with good service. Very tasty served with plenty of veg. Will be back for sure.

1  Thank Marisa M