“Lovely lunch to celebrate anniversary”
Review of The Linny

The Linny
Ranked #4 of 131 Restaurants in Newton Abbot
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I booked The Linney so that my family could celebrate our parents' 50th wedding anniversary. We were shown to the 'west wing' which is essentially a private room on the 1st floor. We were a party of 10 including 4 children. Ann had decorated the table beautifully with balloons, fresh flowers and confetti and assisted us throughout the meal. We couldn't fault the food or the service. My 8 year old almost inhaled his rump steak and the vegetarian option of spinach and mushroom strudel was delicious. Other members of my family enjoyed the turkey, lamb and beef roasts. My parents thoroughly enjoyed the celebrations and we are grateful to Ann for her help and professionalism both before and during the meal. I would definitely recommend this great pub but make sure you book as it does get busy.

2  Thank Caroline_Shimmin

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I on a rare Saturday off booked a table at the Lonny for dinner - and thank goodness we did book as it was packed !!.. Everything from start to finish was lovely. A warm welcome, good explanation of the specials, brilliant service and amazing food. My husband had the steak which was one of the best steaks he has ever had! I had the skate which was equally lovely. A brilliant range on offer from starters right through to desserts. We couldnt fault a thing and cannot wait for a return visit.

4  Thank Rachel H
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Great service and very friendly staff , in particular ,a very lovely waitress who has been there for17 years who had a great fun attitude and added to the pleasure of our dining out. They kindly re-arranged tables to accommodate us , a party of 8. Food very good and good portions, we did not go hungry:) if there was one niggle it was that they had run out of a couple of the main items on the menu ,one being the mussels which we always look forward to having :( . And that the calamari tasted nice but it was in tiny pieces that gave the impression it was the last of what they had .We would certainly return there and would like to thank all those who contributed to our having a very enjoyable meal.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Excellent value for money. Great. Ambience in a lovely village. We celebrated a birthday with family and friends and they in turn were impressed. We will all be visiting again soon.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank patpru
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Came here for Sunday lunch. The pub is lovely and extremely popular so possibly not somewhere for an intimate dinner. We all found the food to be excellent quality but agreed that the quantity and veg choice could have been better.