“Pleasant Surprise”
Review of The Crown Hotel

The Crown Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Callander
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Main Street Callander is not looking its best; Too many empty, almost dilapidated, Premises. However walked off the street into the Crown without over High expectations and all three of us choose different dishes from the menu and enjoyed Lunch. Would be less hesitant next time.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank MacofMurton

Reviewed 21 October 2017

We stopped here for a coffee and snack, while on your bus tour to the highlands. The hostess was very friendly and accommodating. Coffee was good, scones were better. Had a wonderful conversation with the bartender regarding scotch. We would certainly return.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Party of thirteen in the family went to the Crown for lunch.
Friendly helpful service.
Food was very good.
Haggis Neeps and Tatties best ever tasted.
Fish and chips excellent.
Service was very quick and efficient.
Good prices for food and drink.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel is absolutely charming. The welcome we received was very warm and everyone on the staff pampered the guests. We enjoyed having pre-dinner drinks in the bar room while we studied the menu. The dinner in the restaurant was delicious and the service was excellent. The breakfast was very good. Our room was named "Flowers" and it had a double bed. It was quite small for two people and there was not enough space for our luggage, but it was quiet and fine for one night.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

I booked to stay one night at The Crown but arrived on the evening of my stay to be told that they had let my room to someone else who turned up on spec asking for a room. The person who was detailed to tell me all this didn't know much about what had happened and told me they'd transferred my booking to a guest house up the road. She gave me vague directions and waved me off, but the seemed pretty unconcerned - perhaps this happens a lot?

The hotel had my phone number and my email but didn't try to get in touch to let me know in advance what had happened, so it was a bit of a shock when I arrived to find this out. This is really sharp practice and shows no regard for customers who take the time to book in advance. When is a booking not a booking?

I never got to see my hotel room, which may of course have been very nice, but a hotel with nice rooms that doesn't treat the customer fairly and properly is *not* a nice hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank a_z_jackson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Callander
0.6 km away
0.5 km away
Dalgair House Hotel
Dalgair House Hotel
#5 of 6 in Callander

Been to The Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Crown Hotel

Address: 13 Main Street, Callander, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park FK17 8DU, Scotland
Region: United Kingdom > Scotland > Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park > Callander
Bar / Lounge Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Callander
Price Range: RM453 - RM494 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — The Crown Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your The Crown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.