“Superb value for money”

Ranked #10 of 31 Brockenhurst B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Superb value for money”
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Lunch,Dinner, Accommodation and Full breakfast for two people for under £75. Brilliant value.

From the moment we checked in at 2pm for a late lunch, we found all the staff members to be professional,friendly and extremely helpful. The quality of the food was very impressive. My Plaice for lunch and Venison Stew for dinner were beautifully cooked and delicious- as well as the full English Breakfast. The atmosphere within the bar and restaurant was relaxing with Real Ales and daily newspapers to keep us occupied before the walk in the Forest.
The Double Room within the Courtyard was very warm and comfortable with modern furnishings and tasteful decor.
A great place to stay and well done Marstons. we booked through Laterooms.com on the day of arrival and were delighted with the value for money.

Room Tip: Courtyard Room
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Hampshire, England
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Booked via "Laterooms.com" for £46 for one night for a double room with breakfast. The place had just been re opened after refurbishment,
I must say for the money I was quite impressed. It wasn't the Ritz but eh oh you get what you pay for.
On the plus side, the room was nicely decorated, clean, and tidy. Breakfast was very nice, fresh and well cooked. The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially the little foreign chap who was waiting on at breakfast.(Sorry didn't get his name) The grounds are really pretty and would be wonderful for sitting out with a drink in the summer months.
On the negative side the beds are very hard and I didn't sleep very well. Then again if you like a firm bed you'll be ok.
All in all not a bad B&B in the heart of the new forest. Would be ideal if you were attending a wedding at the Balmer Lawn or Carey,s Manor and could afford the £200 a night they charge, as it only about 1/2 mile down the road.
Also try the Italian restaurant by the train station (Il Palio 2) Lovely place, nice family atmosphere great food and service.

Room Tip: It an old building and the corridor out side our room had quite squeaky floors. If it was busy could...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Myself & my partner stayed here 7/11/11 and I got to say this is b&b is the best I've stayed in. Our room was in the courtyard so there was no rooms above us or below. That's what makes this b&b unique in its own right. It cost £34 for the room that slept 2 of us and that was inc breakfast. The staff were friendly and really catered for all that I needed.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Spleen2000
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Food very good and average prices. Staff very accomadating. Nice short 2 day stay. Does very badly need a lick of paint and carpets etc

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
IRELAND
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We stopped for a meal at this hotel while holidaying in the new forest but were extremely disappointed at the staff attitude and found them to be unhelpful.

I have special dietary requirements and most dishes come with chips, because of my diet I requested that they be substituted for vegetables, potatoes or salad as I can't have oil. The barman went to the kitchen to check with the chef and came back to tell me if we pay for an extra portion I can have potatoes and basically whether I eat the chips or not is up to me! what a waste of food!

The barman said the chef said "no substitutes to the menu". Their customer service skills leave a lot to be desired and they obviously don't care about pleasing their customers and giving them what they want.

Needless to say we left straight away without ordering. I would rather eat somewhere that appreciates my custom which I found just up the road a little. The snake catcher ... It was absolutely beautiful and the staff and chef couldn't do enough to make sure my dietary requirements were met and I was happy. The total opposite of the Rose and crown!

Rose and crown shame on you for meeting your customers requirements, this was so simple to sort!

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank BEARDJOY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
0.4 km away
0.4 km away
Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa
Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa
#4 of 11 in Brockenhurst

Been to The Huntsman of Brockenhurst? Share your experiences!