Snaptravel
Official Hotel
Hotels.com
eDreams
3,355 results
All reviews thai restaurant zen garden le blaireau cambium restaurant hydrotherapy pool sen spa oakwood garden room spa facilities spa break new forest mud treatment great spa relaxation room steam room and sauna main restaurant birthday treat relaxing stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2021

Fantastic break. The hotels COVID measures were excellent and we felt safe at all times. We were able to have all meals delivered to our room and left outside which was perfect as I am vulnerable. The measures the staff have put in place meant that we could enjoy a relaxing week away from home walking in the forest and enjoying excellent food.

Reviewed 30 December 2020

We booked a last minute mini moon at Careys Manor after the tier regulations caused some disruptions to our other mini moon.

The service there was impeccable and completely faultless. We had an exquisite lunch and dinner in the Cambrian restaurant with an afternoon in the SenSpa in-between.

As a spa first timer, I had an extremely relaxing afternoon in the hydrotherapy pools and having a full body massage. The masseuse was extremely professional and clearly an expert. The whole massage experience was divine.

The room we had was very spacious and comfortable, maybe in need of some updating but perfect for our one night spa stay.

Will definitely be back to use the spa facilities again!

Reviewed 29 December 2020 via mobile

We have been visiting Carey’s Manor for years and I have previously written a glowing report on a stay but our visit in March was terrible. We booked a 2 night stay for our honeymoon as we had received such great service previously. On arrival we were welcomed and congratulated on our marriage. Our room was shabby and in need of bathroom redecoration. The TV bracket had been changed but no attempt made to make do the damage to the decoration that was clearly visible.
Our first nights dinner in the Thai restaurant was excellent as usual. Both service and food cannot be faulted. Saturday night we had booked into the Cambrian as it’s always been a romantic setting with great food, wine and service. As it was our honeymoon we were really looking forward to our meal. Upon arrival it was clear that the restaurant had been reorganised with tables much closer together than normal to the extent you could easily hear the conversations on the tables surrounding you. Our main courses were delivered and mine was stone cold. I called a waiter over and asked if it was meant to be cold. It was not and he went to get me a replacement. 20 minutes later it arrived by which time my husband had finished his main course. What was meant to be a romantic dinner was therefore ruined.
Upon departure I asked to speak to the manager who reassured me he would email me once he had investigated our room and dinner issue. To date, 9 months later, I am yet to hear from him. I am fully aware that COVID has caused changes and restrictions but surely you would want to do all you could to retain your regular guests and follow through on sending an email upon the promised completion of an internal investigation.

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 27 December 2020 via mobile

As a cross infection control lead I’m quite relieved this hotel is now closed in tier 4, I do feel this time could be used to research and train on how the staff on how coronavirus is spread.

For example on arrival we were met with a polite lady (with black hair who’s name I did not see on a badge) on check in who kept coughing constantly in her black cotton “mask”... Then touching her mask (with possible virus on) touching our arrival package, the pen, the computer then took our temperatures (which is also now disproven as you can carry it without a temperature and those guns are not accurate) then taking the mask down off her face etc etc but continued to tell us we couldn’t do this or that because of covid regulations........!!

Cotton masks will not save you from anything even surgical IIR masks need to be changed every 20 minutes and the viral particles can still go through the fibres... so don’t be lead to believe you are safer.

This is our first occasion that we have had a night away since the beginning of the pandemic as I have obviously been very busy in my job role and my partner was made redundant so this night away was meant to be very special.
Regular hand washing on her part would not go amiss and coughing at this time in front of customers is a bit of a concern..

Also we were told by the reception the spa would come to our room to collect us for massage but THEY DO NOT. So we are very lucky we had to go down there as there were no slippers in our room - because I’d look great in knee high boots and a bikini...... that was a bit poor - but another thing be-musingly because of Covid they can’t do.....?????!!!!!!!

It is our 3rd time staying at Carey’s manor in the past couple of years and we have always found it very enchanting. Food at the restaurants are always very nice (love the french waiter)
Love zen restaurant which is currently closed the majority of the time.

Senspa massage is very lovely, very professional. We went for a a Swedish massage which was the firmest they do apparently and it was lovely! (Maybe a little tear came out but it’s what i needed!) The spa is currently needing booking for 2 hour slots so you don’t get as good value for money as per normal times / however we did have the rooms/facilities in the spa pretty much to ourselves for that time.

Overall we would return but please keep yourselves and the public safe at this time.

Reviewed 18 December 2020 via mobile

We stayed the night in room 88.
The room is very worn and tired.
Masses of dust on the plug by the bed which was disgusting. Scuffs on the skirting bird and a massive mark on the ceiling.
We had no tv remote.
Just not on for the money these rooms cost.

We did however have a spa day in senspa which was lovely & dinner in the Thai which was amazing.
The room was the only disappointment.