“2nd visit”

Brewers Fayre Bideford
Ranked #60 of 153 Restaurants in Bideford
Price range: US$9 - US$21
Description: Why not come to Bideford Brewers Fayre for a hearty breakfast to start your day before adventuring to the local attractions from the harbour, Panniers Market or see if you can spy an otter on the River Torridge. After a day of Devon adventures, treat yourself to a delicious dinner, our menu of freshly cooked pub classics, served up in generous portions by our friendly team
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Since my last visit the menu's have changed.

As always the options are good at a very good price point.

I had the "Burrito" in a bowl !! meal was very nice but I would like to see more than one wrap included to enable the ability to make more than one Burrito.

My partner had the salmon and other party members had the Tikka curry. All were very happy with our meals.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

The ladies at TCi (GB) Bideford, have a monthly get together at Brewers Fayre in Bideford. We always enjoy our luncheons. We choose to dine at midday, nice an early, before it gets busy, as we are always tight for time and Brewers Fayre have never let us down.

Thank you to all the ladies in red, who provide an amazing service and a big thank you also to the Supervisors and Managers, who run a great team, always smiling and professional in every way and always happy to help.

Looking foward to our luncheon today!

2  Thank ChristineW2477
walker4509, Manager at Brewers Fayre Bideford, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thankyou for your recent TripAdvisor review, we are glad that yourself and friends chose to have lunch with us at Bideford Brewers Fayre. Your feedback is essential for us and the team, to help deliver and improve our service to every guest that decides to dine with us.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Becky W.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Visited this restaurant when I was in North Devon for a family holiday. Nice, cheap meal great options for the family. My two children loved the cod bites with chips and beans. Me and my husband ate the chicken tikka curry which came with 1 nan a poppadom and the best mango chutney I have ever tasted. All washed down with a white wine spritz, and my husband a San Miguel and the kids loved the refillable drinks area with different shots of syrup. The best brewers fayre we have been to seeing as Taunton restaurant is dyer.

1  Thank ellared11
Reviewed 27 March 2018

We attended a Family Gathering here where we all had Drinks and Main Meals. Some of our Party had a Dessert (which looked good!) but I can only comment on our experience.

I am a Wheelchair User and my Husband has Autism. He is affected by Bright Lights and Loud Noises. Neither of us had any problems whatsoever during our visit.

We were late to our Group and were guided there by a friendly Server who greeted us warmly and made sure we understood how to get assistance and service. Like many family Gastropubs, soft drinks are now self-serve which we had no problems with and were very convenient.

The Menu is varied with a Good Choice of food and a balanced selection for Vegetarians and Vegans (we are both Vegetarian). We ordered the Vegan Burger (with added Cheese) and the 3 Cheese Quiche. Our food arrived in good time and was warm and fresh.

The Vegan Burger was comprised of a Mycoprotein Meat Substitute which we cook often and eat at home. However, this burger had been quite thoroughly overcooked and was dry, stiff and somewhat unrelenting! It was topped with a Pulled "Pork" Substitute that was so good that it made me panic (I thought it was meat!) and provided with a Brioche Bun lightly toasted and Chips/Side Salad. I was offered the choice of a dressing once my food arrived which I thought was fantastic service. The meal in itself was tasty, but quite dry despite there being a good deal of BBQ sauce on the Bun.

My Husband had the 3 Cheese Quiche which arrived warm with New Potatoes and a large dressed Salad. The Quiche itself was very small and my Husband who has a very healthy appetite was disappointed. Once having eaten the meal he was very satisfied and enjoyed it immensely.

There are Disabled Facilities on the Ground Floor which were clean, easy to use and well equipped for a variety of requirements.

Our chief criticism of this restaurant is the Price. My Burger (dryness aside) was very nice but also VERY expensive. This is a price I would expect to pay in London, not North Devon. My Husband's Quiche was also highly overpriced.

The staff are very lovely, welcoming, warm, friendly and accomodating. We would highly recommend this Restaurant but be prepared to pay over and above what other local establishments are charging.

1  Thank KaelaLee
Reviewed 19 March 2018

This is the only place that cooks my steak well done as I like it without it being tough or chewy. I might have to wait a little longer for this but that's to be expected. It's well worth the wait. I have never had anything from here that I wasn't impressed with. It's my most favourite place to go. The staff are always friendly and the food is delicious.