“Fab service!! ”
Review of The Potting Shed

The Potting Shed
Reserve with OpenTable
The Potting Shed is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 167 Restaurants in Beverley
Description: Beverley's newest gastro pub serving homemade food with a large selection of lagers, ales, cocktails and wine. Live music through out the week and all the live sport plus much more!
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Visited today (Easter Sunday)with my other half to meet up with friends and listen to the live music that was on this afternoon from 4pm. Arrived about 4:30pm and as usual was very busy! No problem really as we don’t mind standing, but a large party left so we quickly grabbed a seat! Brill! Shortly after sitting down a member of staff (Liz) told us she needed the table for a booking, but said she would try and find us another table. Such a nice thing to do as in many places the staff just plonk a reserved sign on the table and that’s that! We explained that we really didn’t mind giving up the table when the party arrived and not to worry about finding us another table, but she was very insistent, even though it was so busy. Half an hour later she had not only sorted one table for us but also 2 others so we had a choice if we were quick. Such fantastic service Liz!!! Thank you so much!!! Always love it there regardless of seating arrangements as drinks and food are fab, and we always recommend it to everyone!! Can’t wait for the sun to start shining so we can make use of the great beer garden too!!

Potting S, Manager at The Potting Shed, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi Sezbro,

Thankyou for taking your time to write us such a great review, I will be sure to pass your kind words onto Liz for you.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your experience with us here at The Potting Shed and enjoyed our shed stock event (live music all day), Be sure to follow our Facebook page for drinks offers and upcoming events. We are also currently getting our beer garden refurbished so definitely be sure to come down in summer and enjoy the sun.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Good food, great atmosphere. However the service was poor throughout. Slow to get both drinks and food. One example of this, We ordered a round of drinks before we received our food. Asked how long the drinks would be on receiving the food and once followed up again during the care check. We finished our meals and our drinks had still not arrived. In the end we paid the bill and left as they were taking so long.

Hi Harry P,

Thankyou for taking your time to write us a review on your experience, I am sorry to read that you didn't receive the 5* service that all our staff are trained to do, i can only put this down to how busy this weekend has been with it been bank holiday weekend.
Please accept my apologises again for this and we hope you do come back and dine with us again and give us a second chance to redeem ourselves.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 26 March 2018

This isnt our first visit to Potting Shed. The first time it was lovely. Cannot fault the service or the drinks to be fair but the food, quantity, quality and value was poor. I ordered two childrens roasts. I expected these to be really good as the price is what most pubs charge for an adult. They were serves 1/2 a chicken breast, two roast potatoes, 3 carrots and a few overcooked parsnips. They asked for more gravy. These veg were no way suitable if there had been a bit more variety of veg and at least a bit more meat it would have been average. My roast again for the price to only have two veg was again poor. Pricey for what it was. When I was served it I actually waited a while for the rest of the veg to be brought out separately which never happened. Shame, if your paying over £10 for a 1 course lunch the standard should be high. My husband had the chicken goujons. They were ok. The kids left the pub hungry as 1/2 a chicken breast and a yorky pud with 2 potatoes wouldnt fill most toddlers never mind two 10 year olds.I hope you improve as its such a nice venue.

Potting S, Manager at The Potting Shed, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Hi CHogger34,

I would like to firstly apologise for this, as you can expect we only want our customers to have an enjoyable 5* dining experience and i can see from your 2* review that we failed to do this last Sunday.

I would like to ask, was these issues about your food mentioned to a member of staff on the day, if so wasn't a new meal offered or extra meat or veg? We would have been more than happy to justify these problems for you.

If you would like to email us on beverley@pottingshedbar.com to discuss this further that would be greatly appreciated. I hope we can resolve these issues and hope to see you again soon.

Thankyou

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

I had booked a table on the previous night for 2 people at 6.30 which was easy to do on their website. Upon arrival we had a cocktail which was made well and tasted delicious. The price range for cocktails were fair. We then got escorted to our table by our waitress Erin who was attentive to our every need. She took our food order and the food was delivered very quickly, it was hot and tasted amazing. I had the chicken kebab and my partner had a chilli and prawn pizza. With a side of rustic chips which were fantastic. Erin cleared our plates once finished asked how the meal was and ordered me the best pudding ever. A chocolate peanut butter fudge cake. Which again was amazing served with ice cream. Drinks during the meal were catered for too by the waitress. A very good meal with very attentive staff. We also liked the addition of live music whilst eating our meal. We will be returning in the future.

Potting S, Manager at The Potting Shed, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

hi katiemelling,

thank you for your lovely review. Its good to hear your liking our new cocktails as we have recently changed our menu for the spring/.summer and they really give that impression. ill pass on your comments to erin, im sure she will be delighted to hear your kind words.
our food menu has also changed recently so the great feedback means a lot. the pizzas are especially good(personal opinion) as you can see from other reviews.
we have live music every week with some of the best artists around, so there is always something for everyone.

once again thanks for your time

regards
mark

Reviewed 19 March 2018

I have stayed and dined at hundreds of hotels and bars.Very rarely bother to type a review. Excellent everything,beer,food,atmosphere and especially friendly waitress service from a young lady(Liz). Will definitely be coming back when I am working in this area again. 10/10

Potting S, Manager at The Potting Shed, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Hi kevT,

thanks for your wonderful review, im pleased to hear that you had such a good time with us. ill pass on your comments to liz also, im sure she will be thrilled that youve refered to her as a young lady.

we look forward to seeing you again soon

regards